Moong dal cheela is a famous Indian delicacy that people are mostly seen eating in weddings or at some special restaurant. Because people think that preparing moong dal cheela is not so easy job and they often avoid making it at home.
If you are planning to make these healthy and nutritious cheelas for breakfast, then you need to soak moong lentils (dal) overnight. Otherwise, it takes 3-4 hours for lentils to soak and be ready to be ground.
Also Read: How to Make: Besan ka Cheela
*Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml
• 1 cup split and husked moong lentils (dhuli moong dal)
• 1 pinch of asafoetida (hing)
• 1 teaspoon grated or finely chopped ginger (adrak)
• 1 to 2 tablespoon cooking oil or as per the requirement
• 1 tablespoon salt or as per the requirement
• 1 to 2 finely chopped green chilies
• 2 to 3 cups of water for soaking moong lentils
• ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
• ¼ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
• ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
• ¼ cup finely chopped onions
• ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves (dhaniya patti)
• ¼ cup water, for grinding the lentils
• Diced paneer cubes for garnishing
How to prepare:
*Soaking moong dal
1. Take the measured amount of dal and rinse it at least 3-4 times or until the water comes out clear
2. Now soak the washed dal in 2-3 cups of water for 3-4 hours or overnight for better results
3. Check soaked dal after the estimated time, it will be swelled up or have doubled up by now.
4. Discard the excess water.
*Grinding moong dal
1. Pour the soaked dal in a grinder
2. Add ¼ cup of water in it and start grinding until it becomes a smooth and lump free batter.
1. Empty the batter in a bowl.
2. Now add turmeric, red chili powder, roasted cumin powder and salt and mix well.
3. Then add coriander leaves, chopped onions, grated ginger, chopped green chilies and a pinch of hing and again mix all the ingredients very well.
4. Let the batter sit for 15-20 minutes.
5. Now check the consistency of the batter, not too thick not too thin, if it’s too thick add 1 or 2 tablespoon water or else it will not spread evenly on the pan (tawa).
6. For the next step, take a pan (tawa) big enough for your cheelas to spread and turn on the heat.
7. When the pan is heated (not burning), pour a scoopful of batter in the center of the pan and start spreading it in a clockwise direction over the pan, so that the batter covers the most of the area of the pan and takes a round shape.
8. Now put a few drops of oil around the edges of the cheela and let it cook on a medium heat for 40-45 seconds or a minute.
9. With the help of a flat spatula flip the cheela on the other side (the uncooked side on the pan) and repeat the same step as above for the other side to cook.
10. After its cooked, it will look brown and crispy.
11. Then put the cheela aside on a plate and garnish with some freshly plucked green coriander leaves and paneer cubes.
12. Serve it with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Also Read: Oats Chilla Recipe
Incoming search terms:
- hot bollywod (10)
- best recipe for darkcircles dry skin (3)
- tips to grow the hieght (3)
- tips for breast improvement (3)
- tamil exercise big breast after delivery (3)
- pills to increase the size of breast in one month in india (3)
- how to remove dark circles with in 7 days (3)
- which time height increase (3)
- how to increase height for women after 25 (3)
- brest massage oil home made hindi read (3)