French toast with apples is a very simple and quick dish that you easily prepare at home. You can also pack this delicious snack recipe for school. Made with eggs, sugar, bread, and apples, this recipe is full of flavors that you must try once.
So, let’s get started.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients needed for french toast with apples:
- Eggs- 2
- Milk- 1 tablespoon
- Sugar- 1 tablespoon
- Bread slices- 2 (sliced)
- Butter (melted)- 1 cup
- Oil- 2 cups
- Cinnamon powder- 1/4th teaspoon
- Apple- 1 (peeled)
- Brown sugar- 1 teaspoon
- Butter- 1/2 tablespoon
Now, how to prepare french toast with apples:
- First, beat eggs in a bowl and add 1/2 tablespoon of sugar to it.
- Now, soak the bread slices in the egg mixture and place them on a separate plate.
- Keep the soaked bread aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat butter in a pan.
- Now, add the sliced apples to the pan and cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Cook till the apples turn golden brown in color.
- After that, add a little bit of brown sugar.
- And cook till you get a syrup-like consistency.
- Once the apples are cooked remove them from the pan and keep them aside.
- Now, in the same pan, add some oil.
- Then, add the soaked bread pieces to the pan and cook.
- Make sure you add the remaining egg mixture over it.
- Fry the bread slices for a minute and cook till they turn golden from both the sides.
- Now, transfer the bread slices in a serving plate.
- Now, add a sprinkle of sugar over the bread topped with apples.
- And your french toast with apples is ready to be served.