Are you looking for a recipe in which you can use the leftover bread slices? Well, then you can try out this simple and quick croutons recipe at home. Made with white bread, black pepper, and olive oil you can easily pair this fried crumbled bread slices with a bowl of hot soup. Besides this, it is also an ideal side dish that you can prepare for the occasions like game nights, kitty parties, etc. by adding seasonings of parsley, garlic, and chili flakes. So, try out this recipe at home and enjoy this lip-smacking dish.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Ingredients needed for croutons recipe:
- White bread (sliced) – 4
- Olive oil- 1/2 cup
- Black pepper (ground)- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- as per requirement
Now, how to make croutons:
- First, crush all the leftover bread pieces and keep them aside.
- Now, add some black pepper and salt over the crumbles.
- Then, mix all the ingredients well to make sure that all the bread pieces are evenly coated.
- In the meantime, place a deep bottomed pan over medium flame.
- Add some olive oil to the pan and heat.
- Once the oil is hot enough add the bread pieces to it.
- Now, fry them till they get golden brown in color.
- Then, transfer the croutons to a plate with an absorbent paper.
- And your croutons are ready to be served.
- Pair it with a bowl of hot soup and enjoy.