Egg bonda recipe is a very simple snack that you can easily prepare at home during brunch time. This simple recipe is prepared by boiling eggs and then dipping them into the batter of rice, gram flour, and salt which is later deep fried. So, if you are looking for an alternative for pakoras, then this recipe is a perfect option for you.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients needed for egg bonda:
- Eggs (boiled) – 3
- Black pepper- 1/4th teaspoon
- Vegetable oil- 1 cup
- Green chilies- 2
- Rice flour- 1/2 cup
- Gram flour- 1 cup
- Red chili powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- as required
Now, how to make egg bonda:
- First, cut the boiled eggs into equal halves and add some black pepper powder, red chili powder, and salt over it.
- In the meantime, place a kadhai over a medium flame with 1 cup oil.
- Now, take a bowl and mix rice flour, gram flour with black pepper, green chilies, and salt.
- Add sufficient amount of water to get a batter like consistency. (Make sure the batter is thick)
- Then, dip the boiled eggs in the batter and then, gently dip it into the hot oil.
- Deep fry till it gets golden brown in color.
- Repeat the same for the remaining egg pieces.
- Now, place the bonda over a separate plate with ketchup.
- And your egg bonda is ready to be served.