Are you a health freak and looking for a healthy recipe? Then, you should definitely try this simple sattu ka paratha recipe which is prepared with roasted chana dal, dry mango powder, thymol seeds, and wheat flour. Healthy, yet delicious, you can easily prepare this recipe in just 25 minutes. So, try out this recipe at home and enjoy with your family and friends.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients needed for sattu ka paratha recipe:
- Chana dal (roasted)- 2 cups
- Grated garlic cloves- 5
- Onion (chopped) – 2 medium
- Ginger (grated)- 1 inch
- Green chilli (chopped)- 3
- Coriander leaves (chopped)- 2 teaspoons
- Lime juice- 2 teaspoons
- Thymol seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- 2 pinches
- Dry mango powder- 1 teaspoon
- Mustard oil- 2 teaspoons
- Wheat flour- 3 cups
- Ghee- 2 teaspoons
- Salt- 1/4th teaspoon
Now, how to make sattu ka paratha:
- First, take a bowl and add roasted chana dal to it.
- Now, add onion, green chillies, thymol seeds, chopped coriander leaves, grated ginger, and garlic to it.
- Then, add lime juice, dry mango powder, salt, and mustard oil to the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients properly and form a perfect filling for the paratha.
- In the meantime, take another bowl and knead the dough by mixing wheat flour with salt, ghee, and the required amount of water.
- Once the dough is prepared, divide it into small portions and roll them into round shape.
- Now, place the filling in the middle of the round dough and enfold it by adding some more dough.
- Now, roll the dough into a paratha.
- Place the flat pan over medium flame and cook the paratha by applying some ghee to it.
- Make sure that paratha is cooked from both the sides and is golden brown in color.
- And your sattu paratha is ready to be served.