Pesarattu recipe or Green gram dosa recipe is a traditional South Indian dish, which is very popular in the parts of Andhra Pradesh. This recipe is prepared with whole green gram moong dal, which is soaked overnight and then it is ground to form a nice batter. You can prepare this simple dish as snack and breakfast at home.
So, let’s get started with Pesarattu recipe.
Preparation time: 8 hours
Total time: 8 hours and 15 minutes
Serves: 6 to 8
Also read: Bread Masala Dosa Recipe
Ingredients needed for Pesarattu recipe:
• Green gram- 1 cup
• Coriander leaves (chopped)- 1/4th cup
• Onion- 1
• Oil- 1 cup
• Salt- 1 1/2 teaspoons
• Rice flour- 4 tablespoons
• Water- as per requirement
• Green chillies- 6
Also read: Crispy Bread Dosa Recipe
Now, how to make Pesarattu or green gram dosa:
• First, you need to soak green gram in 2 cups of water.
• After that leave it overnight for about 6 to 8 hours.
• Next morning, drain off the water and keep the green gram aside.
• Now, take an onion and chop it into medium pieces.
• Then, add these chopped onions to the mixer jar.
• Add chopped coriander and green chillies to the mixer jar.
• After that add the soaked green gram to the mixer jar.
• Now, grind all the ingredients to form a batter of smooth consistency.
• Then, transfer the mixture to a separate bowl.
• Add rice flour to the grounded green gram with salt.
• Mix all the ingredients well.
• Add 1/2 cup of water to the mixture to get a smooth consistency.
• In the meantime, heat the pan.
• Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan.
• Now, pour the batter into the pan and spread it evenly.
• Then, grease it with some oil from the edges.
• Cook it for a minute.
• And then flip it another side.
• Cook it for half a minute.
• Once it is cooked, transfer it another plate.
• Your green gram dosa is ready to be served.