Rajasthani Churma is an authentic sweet dish from Rajasthan and it mainly served with Dal Baati.
It is a powdered sweet which is made with whole wheat flour and sugar with a topping of nuts on it. It is the most important part of the platter as it adds sweetness with the traditional Dal Baati dish.
In most of the Rajasthani households, churma is prepared with whole wheat flour. But you can also prepare this with the mix of different flours.And the best part you can prepare this dish easily at home consuming less time.
So, let’s get started with the recipe of Rajasthani Churma
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients needed for making Rajasthani Churma:
• Water- 1/2 bowl (small)
• Mishri (rock sugar)- 5 teaspoons
• Sugar (powdered)- 2 bowls (small)
• Wheat flour- 2 bowls (small)
• Malai(heavy cream)- 3/4th bowl (small)
• Ghee- 8 teaspoons
• Almonds- 4 teaspoons
• Pistachio- for garnish
• Cardamom powder- 1 teaspoon
Now how to prepare Rajasthani Churma:
• Take a medium size bowl and add wheat flour with heavy cream and mix them well.
• Now, add 1/2 cup water and form a nice dough.
• After kneading the dough, divide it in 5-7 portions and form even-sized round balls.
• Preheat the oven to 165 degrees for 2 minutes and later place baatis in it for 10-15 minutes.
• After that, flip the baatis on other side and let them cook for another 10-15 minutes.
• Once the baatis are cooked, break them into pieces and pour them in a mixer and form a powder with rough consistency.
• Now, take a big bowl and add the powdered baatis in it with sugar and rock sugar and mix well.
• Add ghee on the top and mix it powdered baatis.
• Now, add cardamom powder, almonds and pistachio to the powdered the baati mix.
• And you are done. Your yummy super easy Rajasthani Churma is ready to be served.
Try out the recipe of Rajasthani Churma at home and treat your friends and family.