Sweet potato cutlets recipe is a very simple North Indian recipe that you can easily prepare at home. This mouth-watering snack recipe is very crispy and is enjoyed by the people from all age groups especially kids. You can also prepare it for the occasions like buffets, kitty parties, and picnics to woo your family members and guests. So, try out this recipe at home and surprise everyone.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients needed for sweet potato cutlets recipe:
- Sweet potatoes- 4 (boiled)
- Onion- 2 (chopped)
- Turmeric- 1/4th teaspoon
- Red chilli powder- 1/4th tablespoon
- Gram flour- 6 tablespoons
- Rice flour- 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice- 2 tablespoons
- Coriander leaves- Handful (chopped)
- Refined oil- 1/2 cup
- Salt- as per the requirement
Now, how to make sweet potato cutlets:
- First, take a medium-sized bowl and mash the sweet potatoes.
- Now, add chopped coriander leaves, onions with gram flour, rice flour, and salt.
- Then, add red chilli powder with turmeric and lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients properly and form a soft dough.
- After that, take some dough and roll them in a ball shape.
- Now, flatten them by using your palms to form patties.
- In the meantime, heat a pan over a medium flame with oil.
- Then, add the cutlets to the pan and shallow fry.
- Make sure you flip and fry and cook till they turn golden brown in color.
- Once cooked, transfer the cutlets to a separate plate.
- Pair it with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
- And your sweet potato cutlets are ready to be served.