Since the month of Saavan is here and a lot of people are going to fast. So, I thought of sharing a recipe which is especially meant for the people who will be fasting during this month. Sabudana khichdi recipe that I am going to share today is a snack that you can prepare for breakfast while you are fasting. You have to follow the recipe carefully as there are chances that you might ruin the whole thing (sabudana can be really tricky to get right). So without any further due let’s get started with the recipe.
- Sabudana- 1 cup
- Potato- 2, small sized (boiled)
- Roasted peanuts- ½ cup
- Curry leaves- 8-10
- Green chili- 1, chopped
- Cumin/jeera- 1 tsp.
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp.
- Fresh coriander leaves- 2 tbsp. (Chopped)
- Oil- 2 tbsp. + for frying potatoes
- Pink rock salt as per taste
- Soak the sabundana for 4-5 hours or overnight, if possible.
- Before using the sabudana drain the excess water from it.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes.
- Crush the roasted peanuts using a pestle and mortar. Keep aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the potatoes until golden and crisp. Take out the potatoes from the oil and keep aside.
- Remove the excess oil from the pan and in the remaining oil add the cumin. Toast the cumin on a low flame.
- Add the curry leaves and green chilli to the oil. Fry for a few seconds.
- Now add the crushed peanuts, cooked potatoes and the soaked sabudana to the pan. Mix everything well.
- Now add the salt and cook the khichdi on a medium to low flame.
- As the sabudana gets cooked it will get translucent in colour.
- Now add fresh chopped coriander and squeeze some lemon juice on the khichdi.
- Serve the sabudana khichdi hot.