From cool Thandai to sweet Gujiyas, we love it all, especially on the occasion of Holi festival. But how can we forget to give you a savory taste after all the sweet dishes we offered you.
We are here to give a very simple and easy to make a recipe for the Namak Pare at home, and you can thank us later ladies to remind you of these amazing little Indian flour crackers to serve as snacks for your guests.
PREPARATION TIME: 35 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES
• 1 cup of Wheat Flour (Atta)
• 1 cup of All-purpose Flour (Maida)
• 1 teaspoon Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
• 1 teaspoon crushed Black Pepper (Kali Mirch Powder)
• 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
• ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
• 2-3 tablespoons of Oil or Desi Ghee
• ½ – ¾ cup of Water
• Salt as per taste
• Refined Oil for Frying
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Put wheat flour, all-purpose flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and sieve them together.
2. Now add ajwain, and mix it well with the sieved flours.
3. Then add water and oil or ghee to the flour mixture and start kneading it into a dough.
4. Make sure to keep the dough firm and not soft.
5. Now dust a little flour on a flat surface (where you will roll the dough flat)
6. Then, cut medium-sized dough balls and roll them on the dusted flour and then make crisscross patterns with the help of a saw-toothed knife on it (after it’s rolled out flat and even).
7. Next, put oil in a pan or Kadhai and turn on medium-high heat.
8. Now take the diamond-shaped dough patterns and put them into the hot oil to deep fry until golden brown and crisp.
9. Then, take them out on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
10. Serve them along with other dishes or with a hot cup of tea.
Note* You can store them for long in an air-tight container.