If you have tried everything from skin whitening creams to expensive gels and serums, but nothing has got you the desired fairness, then maybe it is time to try something natural. if you want long lasting fairness and visible results then try the below-mentioned skin whitening remedies.
1. Yogurt– Being a milk product yogurt too contain lactic acid. It has mild bleaching or skin lightening properties. The lactic acid has alpha hydroxyl acids or AHA’s which controls the melanin production thus making the skin appear whiter and brighter.
- For this mask, you need 2-3 tbsp. fresh unflavoured yogurt. Apply the yogurt on your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 4-5 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat this skin whitening remedy every day for visible results.
2. Turmeric– Turmeric is one of the favourite and most trusted skin whitening remedies of our grandmothers and mothers. For ages, turmeric has been used in India to treat several skin issues and ailments, skin whitening being one of them.
- Combine ½ tsp. turmeric powder with milk cream to make a paste and apply it on your face and neck area.
- Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- In order to get best results, repeat this remedy at least 2-3 times a week.
3. Apples– You may have heard several times that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. But did you know that apples are also very beneficial when it comes to skin whitening? Apples are loaded with alpha hydroxyl acids or AHA’s which help in refining the complexion as well as improving the elasticity of the skin.
- For this remedy, soak peeled apples in milk for 20 minutes and then blend the apples with the milk to form a paste.
- Add 1 tsp lemon to this mask and keep it in the refrigerator to chill.
- Apply the chilled paste all over your face and neck.
- Leave it on your face for 15-20 minutes and then rinse your face with cold water.
4. Cucumber and papaya face pack– Cucumbers are very rich in mineral and vitamin content and all these nutrients help in lightening the skin tone when used over an extended period of time. The enzyme papain found in papaya promotes skin regeneration. Its anti-inflammatory properties help in healing rosacea and acne. It also exfoliates the skin, decreases hyperpigmentation and lightens the skin tone.
- To make this skin whitening face pack, blend an equal amount of papaya and cucumber in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this mask on your face and neck avoiding the eye area.
- Leave the mask on for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
- Use this mask twice a week in order to get results.
5. Milk, honey and lemon juice– All the ingredients of this mask have naturally occurring bleaching properties which this mask the perfect skin whitening treatment. The milk and honey add in moisture to the skin as the lemon juice might be a little drying.
- Combine 1 tbsp. each of lemon juice and milk along with a tsp. of raw honey.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and apply the mask on your face and neck.
- Let the mask dry for 15-20 minutes and then wash your face with water.
6. Rice powder– Rice has a compound named para-amino benzoic acid (PABA) in it which acts as a natural sunscreen by raising the vitamin C level in the body. Rice also contain antioxidants, ferulic acid and vitamin C and E. All these active elements are very helpful in protecting as well as hydrating the skin.
- To make this mask you need, ½ uncooked rice and milk.
- Grind the rice make a fine powder. Mix the rice powder with milk to form a paste.
- Apply this mask on your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times a week for best results.
7. Baking soda– If you have sensitive skin then baking soda is one of the best scrubs for you. Since the particles of baking soda are very small it is perfect for people with sensitive skin. Baking soda works very similarly as a microdermabrasion thus, getting rid of all the dirt, pollution and dead skin cells.
- You can use baking soda in diverse ways in order to get a fairer complexion. You can mix it with some water and use it as it is. Combine 1 tsp. of baking soda with enough water to make a paste. Use this paste to scrub your face in round circular motion for 2-3 minutes and then wash your face with plain water.
- You can also mix it with your daily cleanser or face wash too.
Incoming search terms:
- para aminobenzoic acid for skin whitening (1)