No one can exactly understand the pain of a person with combination skin type. People with combination skin are dealing with two skin types on the same face. Finding the right products is such a big task. Even the smallest decision of choosing a moisturizer is so confusing. Cream based ones are too oily and gel based ones are too drying.
But don’t worry, we are here to help you in understanding your combination skin better and also to provide you with skincare tips that work best for you.
What is combination skin?
As we know the meaning of combination is a mixture of two or more things. The same way combination skin is when you have two type of skin on your face at the same time. Normally, a combination skin is that where some part of your facial skin is dry while other parts are oily.
What causes combination skin?
Various factors may lead to combination skin- even your genes can be responsible for the same. For different people, different factors may lead to combination skin.
Normally, the oil glands are more active on and around the nose, chin and forehead as compared to other parts of the face. Another factor that may lead to combination could be the skin care products and cosmetics that you are using. For instance, some skincare products and cosmetics contain ingredients that can irritate the skin and aggravate the oil glands to produce excess oil.
What products to use?
The basic formula for taking care of combination skin is that don’t do anything to aggravate the condition any further. It is suggested to use only those products that are meant for your combination skin type.
For some people, combination skin can mean using different products on different parts of the face. For instance, people with such skin type should use water-based, oil-free or gel based products on their t-zone, as this part of the face tends to get oilier as compared to the rest of the face. While for the drier parts of the face, creams or lotions can be used.
To find out what products work best for your skin type, experiment a little with different products. See how you skin responds to them and then decide. And once you have found the perfect products for your skin, do not switch them with other products.
How to take care of combination skin?
- Always opt for a mild, water-soluble cleanser to save the skin from any further irritation. For combination skin, gel based or gentle foaming cleanser will be perfect. Though the texture of the cleanser does not matter much, but it has to be gentle. If your skin is very dry, a lotion cleanser is best suited for you. Also, make sure your cleanser does not contain any irritants or fragrance.
- At any cost avoid bar soaps of all kind, no matter how big their claims are. Bar soaps contain ingredients that may clog your pores and also make your skin extremely dry.
- Use a toner that does not contain alcohol or any other irritants such as menthol, witch hazel, fragrance or citrus oils. Alcohol can strip out the natural oils from your skin, making it dry and irritated.
- Take a pledge that you won’t walk out of your home without proper sun protection. It is a must to use a sunscreen every day throughout the year, in order to prevent wrinkles and other early signs of ageing. You can also choose products that contain SPF protection in them.
- Products that contain salicylic acid or glycolic acid in them acts as great exfoliants, especially for combination skin. It removes the dead skin and reveals the new cells underlying.
- Also, maintain a proper and healthy diet. Include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Avoid junk and fried food as much as possible.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day, at least 2-3 liters. It will help in keeping your skin hydrated from within and flush out all the toxins from your body.
Incoming search terms:
- big alovera and its stand of boob (1)