The process of ageing is inevitable and it is important that you embrace it. There is not much that you can do to put a halt in the process of ageing but we can definitely slow down the process and the effect reflects on our skin, hair, body and overall personality. For doing the same, it is important that you follow a skincare routine which is your age appropriate. It really doesn’t matter if you are 16 or 46; every woman has the right to look good and take care of herself irrespective of her age. And there is nothing to be ashamed of your wrinkles, gray hair or pigmentation instead embrace all these characteristics. To celebrate the forties and fabulously we have come up with a skincare routine which is tailor-made for the women in their forties.
Skin Care Products For 40 And Above Women Can Use
1. Cleanser- The first step of a good skincare routine starts with a cleanser. So when picking up a cleanser for a more matured skin like in the forties you want to choose a cleanser which is very mild and nourishing at the same time because as we age, our skin starts to get dry. So when you are looking at the various options available in the market opt for ones which are soap free so that they don’t dry out your skin even more and should have natural extracts in it.
2. Never go to bed without washing your face- Throughout the day, the face tends to absorb dirt, pollution, grime and sweat, which can clog the pores and may lead to breakouts, acne and other skin related issues. Cleansing is important for a healthy skin, but so is toning and moisturizing. The toner will ensure that your face is squeaky clean and provide some moisture.
3. Moisturizer- For mature skin the moisturizers which are on the creamier side are most preferable. As skin ages, it starts to lose its lustre and moisture and appear dull. To replenish the skin with the lost moisture, it is important to apply a moisturizer which is a little heavy. Silicone based moisturizers are also an amazing option. The best thing about silicon-based moisturizers is that these are suitable for all skin types. They are long-lasting, improves the texture of the skin and locks in the moisture. These moisturizers are also safe to use on sensitive skin as it won’t irritate the skin any further.
4. Antioxidant-rich products- Antioxidants are known to neutralize the effect of free radicals and protects the skin from the harmful UV ray of the sun along with lowering the damage caused by skin ageing. Make sure that the product you choose is rich in vitamin C and E or has other natural ingredients such as lavender, green tea, tea tree oil and chamomile tea as active ingredients.
5. Vaseline as a life saver- Vaseline can be used for so many things and can come as a life saver especially at your 40’s. You can use unscented petroleum jelly on your face, lips, hands and feet and even on your eyelids sometimes. You can also use Vaseline to heal small cuts and wounds. Vaseline also works fine as a makeup remover as well. Just dab some on your face or eyes, leave it on for a few minutes and then use a cotton pad to wipe off the makeup. Vaseline is perfect for skin which is very sensitive and needs extra care.
As we start to age, we need to follow a skin care routine which is best suited for your skin and age type. This is so because as time passes by the intensity with which cells get renewed slows down leading to uneven texture and patchy skin. This is the time when you really need to spend some extra time and give extra attention in order to keep your skin looking young and healthy.