We couldn’t think of one girl who doesn’t love tattooing Mehendi, be it anywhere on their body parts. But even after getting Mehendi done, you need to be extremely careful, for it to last longer and come out darker and looking more graceful than what you have always expected.
Though there are numerous products in the market to make your Mehendi design darker but they can also be harsh on your skin. So here are a few tips that will help you in getting a beautiful and dark long-lasting Mehendi, and flaunt them in front of your friends for as long as you want them to.
THE DOs OF BEFORE & WHILE APPLYING MEHENDI DESIGNS
• Always get the appropriate amount of sleep and eat something healthy before getting the Mehendi applied.
• Before finalizing the Mehendi artist, do look into their book of designs, to get a clear idea about the design specifications.
• Or if you desire to have the exact same design that you have on your mind or a printout, then provide the Mehendi designer another copy of the same to help him trace it on you.
• To get the best results, make or at least try to make the henna paste at home using a good quality Mehendi to do so.
• Right before you sit for applying the Mehendi, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, and dry them properly.
• Then, apply any cream or lotion or oil to minimize the absorption of Mehendi deep inside your skin.
• Always ask your Mehendi artists, whether they are in need of any cloth piece or newspaper if they are not carrying any with themselves.
• Choose a place with lots of light and minimal hustle bustle around you.
• Wear soft and comfortable clothes for the Mehendi application period, as it may take hours to be applied.
THE DON’Ts OF BEFORE & WHILE APPLYING MEHENDI DESIGNS
• Don’t drink too much water or any liquid drink right before sitting for applying Mehendi.
• Avoid sitting in the sun when you are getting the Mehendi applied.
• Don’t move your hands in any direction but keeping them straight, as it might smudge the Mehendi design rather than drying it.
• No matter what, DO NOT blow dry your Mehendi, it will only smudge the design rather than drying it quicker.
• Get all your beauty treatments like manicure, pedicure, waxing or shaving at least 2-3 days before getting the Mehendi applied, or it will fade away the Mehendi if you do any of them after applying the Mehendi.
Also read: 10 Mehndi Artists to Follow on Instagram
THE DOs FOR DARK & LONG-LASTING MEHENDI
• For the brides, it is better suggested to apply Mehendi 24 to 48 hours before the wedding day.
• Let your Mehendi stay for at least 7-8 hours on your body or maximum for the 12 hours.
• Take CLOVE STEAM to get that dark look of your Mehendi. Simply warm a few cloves into a pan and run your hands over the steam.
• Use lemon and sugar mixture to get darker and richer look. Mix a little amount of sugar in a few drops of lemon and mix well. now apply this mixture on your Mehendi design using a cotton ball. Remember, pat the mixture very lightly on the Mehendi, otherwise it will come off.
• Once the Mehendi id dried, rub it off completely or scrape off using a blunt iron knife. Then apply cooking oil or balm on your hands and feet.
• Cover up your Mehendi or hands with a bandage or cling film while performing in any ceremony or before going to sleep.
Also read: 7 Floral Mehndi Designs for Beginners
THE DON’Ts FOR DARK & LONG-LASTING MEHENDI
• Avoid using the lemon & sugar too much, or it will dilute the design and smudge your Mehendi.
• Try to stay away from water for as long as 12 hours minimum, right after removing your dried Mehendi. Also, washing your hands with soap and water or it will scrape off the Mehendi design.