Our hands do so much work that it is obvious for them to look dry, dull and old with the passage of time. But that does not mean that their natural beauty cannot be restored, all you need to do is spend some time taking care of your hands just as you do for your face and other parts of the body. Give your hands a manicure in order to make them look brighter, younger and more beautiful. But while doing that keep the below-mentioned points in mind too.
1. Nail shape- Uneven nail shape doesn’t look flattering at all. Thus, it is very important to trim and shape your nails. You can keep the length long or short as per your preference and you can shape your nails in your favourite nail shape. You can shape them in almond, oval, square or the coffin shape, which is so much in trend right now.
2. Nail polish- Many people have this habit of shaking up the bottle of nail paint before applying it. But this shaking process is not going to help you in any way. In fact, small bubbles will form in the nail paint which disrupts the nail paint application. Make sure not to shake up the nail paint bottle before applying it. Instead, roll the bottle between your palms to make the nail paint uniform.
3. Use a scrub- One of the most important parts of a manicure is scrubbing off the dead skin cells, dirt, and grime from your hands. For this step, you can either use a store bought scrub or you can also use a homemade scrub for the same. To make this scrub you need to mix some castor sugar, with honey and olive oil. Use this scrub to exfoliate your hands in order to get rid of any dead skin cells and accumulated dirt. Wash your hands with a mild cleanser and warm water to wash it off.
4. Buttermilk manicure- Buttermilk manicure is very hydrating and is perfect for you if you have very dry skin. For this manicure, you need 2 cups of buttermilk, ½ orange juice, vitamin E oil and warm water. Add all the ingredients to the hot water and soak your hands in it for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes scrub your hands gently with a brush to buff away all the dirt and dead skin cells. Wash your hands with plain water and apply a moisturizer to add the moisture back to the hands.
5. Try some homemade manicure scrubs- When it comes to getting a hand scrub homemade ones are the best to choose from. You can customize these according to your needs and preferences.
- Sea salt, coconut oil and vitamin E oil scrub- If you have extremely dry hands, then this one is perfect for you. To make this scrub you need to combine all the ingredients together and scrub your hands with it.
- Brown sugar, lemon and honey scrub- If you want to get rid of tan then you can use this scrub. Add 2 tbsp. honey and 1 tsp. lemon juice to brown sugar and mix all the ingredients together to make a scrub like consistency. Use it to exfoliate your hands and then wash it off with water. Your hands will look fairer instantly.