Kulfi originated during the time of Mughal’s reign in India, and since then, it is almost every Indian’s favorite dessert that they never deny taking a bite of. Kulfi’s creamy and dense texture makes it so delicious and one of the most loved summer dessert.
It can be made in various flavors, but the best tastes with Kesar Pista Kulfi can be found in none other flavor. You will read about how to make Kesar Pista Kulfi at home, in this article.
PREPARATION TIME: 2 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 35 MINUTES
• 2 cups of Full Fat Milk
• 1 cup of Milk to blend Corn Flour in
• 2 tablespoons of Corn Flour or Starch
• ¼ cup of Organic Sugar
• ¼ teaspoon of Cardamom (Elaichi) Powder
• A pinch or at least 10 strands of Saffron strands
• 10-15 Pistachios
• ¼ cup of Fresh Cream or Khoya
• 4 chopped Pistachios for garnish
Also read: Ramadan Special: Qubani Ka Meetha Recipe
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Take a heavy-bottom pan and pour the full fat milk in it and bring it to a boil.
2. Now let it boil on medium flame for 10 more minutes. Keep stirring to prevent scorching at the bottom of the pan.
3. Meanwhile, pour pistachios and Kesar strands into a blender and blend then into coarse powder. Set aside.
4. Now, add sugar into the boiling milk and boil for another 10 minutes. Keep stirring.
5. Dissolve the cornstarch/corn flour in 1 cup of milk, and make sure there are no lumps left.
6. Next, turn the flame to low and add the corn flour mixture into the boiling milk. Again, keep stirring continuously.
7. Now add the pistachio-Kesar powder and cardamom powder into the boiling milk, and mix well to dissolve all the lumps.
8. Then, add fresh cream or khoya and cook for another 10 minutes, while constantly stirring it.
9. It should turn thick and of about pouring consistency in under 10 minutes. Take it down from the stove and allow it to cool down.
10. Now pour this mixture into the moulds and cover with a lid or silver foil. Gently use an ice cream stick to insert in it.
11. Freeze them all overnight and eat the next day.
12. Take a bowl filled with water and immerse the moulds in it for 1 minute to loosen the kulfi inside from the walls. Rub them in between your palms for another 30 seconds and pull out from the ice cream sticks.
13. Sprinkle chopped pistas and kesar strands to garnish and serve immediately.