You may not have yet heard of this term but this recent technique is already taking the world by storm. It is a trend which was initially started by some of the Korean beauties and is spreading rapidly almost everywhere since then. Social media played a very important role in diversifying the same through YouTube, twitter and Instagram.
If you are active on social media (though most of the people are) then you must have seen a lot of girls with multi-coloured patches all over their face. But you could never find out what it was. Right? If you want to know about this whole fuss then you must read this article.
What is multi-masking?
Today we are going to discuss all about this new multi-masking trend. The word multi-masking sounds very similar to an English word multitasking which literally means to execute more than one task at a time. The name multi-masking is somewhat used in a very similar context. The term multi-masking means applying different types of masks at different areas at the same time. This is so because the skin on our face is different at different parts. For example, sometimes the t-zone is relatively oilier than the rest of the face or the cheeks are more acne prone when compared to the forehead. There a single face mask is not enough to cater to all the skin problems all at once. This is where multi-masking comes handy.
How to do multi-masking
The first thing that you need to consider when considering multi-masking is to choose the masks for this purpose. And for that, you need to identify your skin concerns of different parts on your face and select the mask accordingly. Below we have mentioned more about the various facial zones and the needs of the same.
- T-zone- the t-zone starts from your forehead, the area just above your eyebrows including the bridge of the nose as well as the chin area. These are the parts which tend to get oilier when compared to the other parts and is also more prone to acne and breakouts when compared to the rest of the face. So for your t-zone a clay mask or a clarifying mask would work best. To put it in an easier way, you need to use an oil controlling mask for these areas which will help in removing the excess oil and control the sebum production. If you have a lot of blackheads on your nose then you can use a blackhead removal strip to get rid of them first.
- The neglected areas- on a daily basis when we follow a skin care routine we often skip some of the areas altogether which involves the jawline, the area near the skin and the forehead area which is closest to the hairline. Thus, these facial zones lack moisture which needs to be replenished by using a moisturizing or hydrating face mask.
- For your eyes- the skin around the eyes is the most delicate of all. If you are in your thirties then you can easily develop laugh lines, fine lines as well as crow’s feet. For addressing this issue you need to concentrate on the moisturizing and skin tightening masks for this particular area. But if you are not too comfortable with the idea of using a face mask on your under eye area then you can use egg whites as a tightening mask followed by coconut oil massage for the moisturization.
- For your lips- just as your eyes your lips are also very delicate and need some extra attention and care. There are several lip masks available in the market which counter different problems such as dry lips, lip pigmentation, etc.
- For your cheeks- your cheekbones and the middle of your forehead are more lifted than the rest of the face and therefore are more exposed to the sun. This over exposure leads to sun damage and tanning which is a bit more when compared to the rest of the face. To counter the effects of the sun you must use a brightening face mask for your cheeks.
Now that you know that which mask is suitable for which facial zone, let me tell you the proper way of using a face mask. Apply the mask on the different parts of our face. Let all the masks dry. Once dry wash your face with lukewarm water or with a soft damp cloth.
After following this multi-masking technique for some time you will start noticing your skin getting better with each passing session.