Minor burns are very common. These may occur while you are cooking in the kitchen, ironing your clothes, spilling something hot on yourself, while curling your hair or with steam. These burns can get treated easily at home with ingredients which are probably lying in your house right now. But remember that these remedies are only effective in treating minor burns. If the burns are more severe make sure to visit a doctor as soon as possible.
1. Tea bags- The top most home remedy for treating minor burns is black tea bags. This is due to the presence of tannin acid helps in drawing all the burning sensation from the burn. In order to use the tea bags for treating burns, steep in 2 tea bags in cold water for 10 minutes. Collect the tea in a small bowl and place the tea bag on the burned area. Another way of using tea bags for treating burns is by creating a cold rinse with tea bags, water and mint leaves.
2. Oatmeal- After getting completely cured, burned sites may get very itchy. In order to get rid of this itchiness, fill a tub with lukewarm water and add one cup of oatmeal to it. Soak the burned area in this water for 20 minutes and then let it air dry. This will ensure that a thin layer of oatmeal stays on your skin and keep it moisturized and itch-free for longer.
3. Ice cold water- This is one of the most common ones that has been used for a long period of time. If you burn your hand while cooking then quickly grab a bowl and fill it with cold water and add ice cubes to it. Soak your hands in this ice cold till you start feeling relieved. After this, apply burnol over the burned area to prevent any further discomfort. If you have burned your tongue while eating something hot then the best way to treat it is by placing an ice cube in your mouth.
4. Vinegar- Using vinegar for treating burns is not a common remedy but is certainly very effective. To use vinegar for treating burns all you need to do is pour some vinegar on a cotton ball and dab it onto the burned area. You can also use a cold compress made from water and vinegar. Vinegar has antiseptic and astringent properties which help in preventing infections which are very common in after burns and it also aids in the faster healing of the burn.
5. Aloe Vera- After cold water this one is one of the most common remedies for treating burns. Aloe Vera is known for its cooling and healing properties. You can either use store-bought aloe vera gel or can extract fresh aloe gel from the plant. All you need to do is apply a generous layer of aloe vera gel on the burned site and that’s it.
6. Lemon juice and coconut oil- A mix of these are considered an amazing remedy for burns marks. The lemon juice has bleaching properties which help in fading away the burn marks. While the coconut oil is rich in vitamin E and fatty acids such as Lauric acid, Myristic acid, and capric acid which has antibacterial, antifungal and anti-oxidizing properties which prevent infections and also moisturizes the skin. Mix equal parts of lemon and coconut oil and apply on the burn mark regularly to make the scar fade away quickly.
7. Banana leaves- Banana leaves make for an amazing remedy for burns. These leaves have anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and anti-haemorrhagic properties. To use banana leaves for treating burns you need to crush some leaves and squeeze the juice from it. Apply this juice on the burned area. Another way of using banana leaves is to pound the leaf and then wrap the leaf on the burnt
8. Raw potatoes- You may find it a little difficult to believe but the raw potato is very effective in treating burns. You can apply raw potatoes on minor burns as the soothing and anti-inflammatory properties help in healing the burns faster. It also reduces the chances of blister formation. In order to use potato for treating burns all you need to do is grate some potato, squeeze its juice and apply in the affected area. The raw potato juice will soothe the skin instantly and provide relief from the burning sensation.
9. Egg whites- This is also not a very common one but is actually very effective. All you need to do is take an egg and separate the white from the yolk. You can either apply the egg white on the burned area or you can dip that part in the egg white and let the burn soak in it. Do this for a few minutes in order to treat it completely.
10. Lavender Essential Oil- This one is also recommended by doctors to treat burns and make them heal faster. Pour the lavender essential oil on a clean cotton pad or a cloth and dab onto the burned area. No need to remove the cotton pad. After a few hours replace the cloth with a clean one. An alternative way is to wash the burn with cold water and then spraying on some lavender oil on it.
Incoming search terms:
- dandruff and banana leaf (1)