There are probably two types of days in the life of a girl, the good hair day and the bad hair day. On the good hair days, you wake up looking nothing less than our typical Bollywood heroines in the movies who wake up with the most perfect looking hair ready to conquer the world. On the other hand on a bad hair day, you wake up looking like as if you were cuddling with a live wire while sleeping.
On days when you wake up with the latter case, here are some styling tips to deal with those dreaded bad hair days.
1. On days when your hair is just not ready to co-operate with you just throw them up in a ponytail. And in order to add some glamour and sass to it add an English twist to your hair. To get this look start by taking a small section of hair from the front part of the head and start twisting it. While you are twisting the hair start adding sections of hair to the main section. Keep twisting and keep adding the section till you reach the back of your head. Now pin this twisted section with a bobby pin. Now tie up all your hair, including this section in a ponytail and that’s it.
2. Hair buns are your best friends, especially on bad hair days. But don’t just go for a simple bun instead braid you or even French braid your hair first and then make it into a bun.
3. If you have short hair such as a bob or a lob just put on an interesting hairband or bandana to add a casual look to your hair.
4. If you are noticing a lot of flyaway or dry frizzy ends, just take some Vaseline or your body lotion and apply it to tame down the frizziness.
5. Greasy hair plus you are already getting late for a meeting? No worries. You can easily fix this one. Just quickly shampoo your bangs and blow dry them to give your hair the just washed look. Or you can also spray on some dry shampoo if you have it or you can also dust your roots with talc or corn flour as this will take away some of the greasiness from the hair.
6. The 5-minute curls can be your savior. To get this style part your hair as you normally would and start wrapping wide sections of your hair around the straightening iron. Keep doing this till you are done with all your hair. Lock in the style with hair spray. You can also add a cool accessory to make it look even more attractive.
7. Half up half down hairstyles are all the rage these days plus these are perfect to cover up those bad hair days. Comb your hair well so as to get rid of all the knots and tangles. Now take a 3-4 inch wide section of hair starting from the forehead and ending at the crown area and make a bun out of it. Secure the bun with a bobby pin or hair tie and you are done.
8. A bouffant can add a lot of volume to your hair and can look extremely stylish and chic. Comb through your hair so that there are no knots. Now start taking small section starting from the front and teasing them to create volume. Continue doing this till you reach the crown area of the head. Now take all the hair back and gently smooth out the hair. Now you can either tie all your hair in a ponytail or you can make a bun out of it. You can also add a bandana or scarf to this hairstyle as well.
9. To avoid bad hair days make sure to take good care of your hair. Use a shampoo and conditioner which are meant for your hair type. Use a cotton T-shirt instead of a towel to dry your hair as this will avoid your hair from getting frizzy.
10. Hair accessories can come very handy, especially on a bad hair day. A nice hairband or a bandana can easily cover up for your bad hair days without letting you do anything at all.
11. If you are going to catch up with your friends for a movie or lunch and you don’t want to do anything at all for your bad hair just put on a cute beanie and it will take care of your bad hair day.
12. This list won’t be complete without mentioning one of the best bad day hair styles which almost every girl swears by. It is the messy bun. A messy bun is super easy to achieve and looks very stylish and at the same time very laid back. Now for this hairstyle, you don’t even need to comb your hair, but make sure to do some backcombing on the crown area to add some volume. Now tie your hair in a ponytail. Now start twisting your ponytail and start giving it the shape of a bun. Don’t try to be super precise as we want it to look messy. Secure the bun with bobby pins. Take out a few random strands from your bun and finish the style by spraying on some hairspray.
Incoming search terms:
- front side twist hairstyle step by step (15)