The skin around the joints such as your knees, elbow and knuckles are comparatively thicker than the rest of the body skin and thus are darker than the rest and need special attention. These parts appear darker because of the accumulated dead skin cells. In order to lighten the skin around the joints, you have to emphasize on two things i.e. skin lightening and exfoliation. Below we have mentioned the best 5 remedies which use both skin lightening and exfoliation to give you clear and fair looking joints.
1. Almond and milk scrub- This almond and milk scrub is very effective in getting rid of dark skin joints. The folic acid present in the milk helps in lightening the skin while the almond granules scrub off the accumulated dead skin cells. To make this scrub you need to start by soaking 5-6 almonds for 4 hours or more in water. Grind these soaked almonds with some milk and a few drops of olive oil. Use this mixture to scrub your dark joints for a few minutes and leave it on for half an hour. Wash this paste off with lukewarm water. When used regularly this pack clears up the dark skin.
2. Raw potato- Just like lemon juice, potatoes too have bleaching properties and thus, can be used for lightening the dark skin around the joints. In order to start with this remedy, you need a peeled raw potato. Grate the potato and squeeze the pulp to extract all the juice from it. To this juice add ½ tsp. lemon juice and ½ tsp. honey and mix well. Now apply this concoction on the affected areas and leave it on for 15 minutes. Wash it off with cold water once the time lapse. Follow this remedy at least twice a week for noticeable results.
3. Rose water and baking soda pack- Baking soda works as a great exfoliator and gently scrubs off the dead skin cells while the rose water has natural skin lightening properties which help in lightening the dark skin. Thus, both of these ingredients combine to make an amazing skin lightening pack. Combine baking soda and rose water in a bowl so as to make a paste of it. Gently rub your joints with this pack and leave it on for a couple of minutes. Wash it off with cold water and pat dry. In order to see results, you have to use this remedy consistently for a few weeks before you see results.
4. Lemon and sugar scrub- As we know that lemon is an amazing skin bleaching agent, thus it really works when it comes to lightening skin discoloration. The sugar helps in exfoliating the skin and removing dead skin from the surface. For this remedy, you need castor sugar and lemon juice. In a bowl, combine 2 tbsp. of castor sugar with juice from half a lemon. Mix the two well. Now use this scrub to rub all the dark joints for a few minutes. Wash off with cold water and pat dry. Make sure to follow this remedy with moisturizer application in order to avoid dryness.
5. Gram flour and egg white- Last but not the least is our gram flour and egg white mask for dark joints. For this mask, you need to separate the white from the yolk. Now to the egg white add some gram flour and honey to it. Apply the egg white and gram flour mask on the affected area and leave it on for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, wash it off with plain water.