Premature greying of hair has turned into a very common condition and people of almost every age suffer from it. It may not be a mainstream health condition but it definitely has a very ill impact on the self-esteem and confidence of an individual. The underlying reason behind this problem may vary from person to person.
Though there are no permanent treatments for dealing with the same, but thankfully there are some remedies which are very helpful in reversing the effect. Below we have mentioned the top 5 home remedies to prevent premature greying of hair.
Also Read: 10 Tips to Turn Grey hair into Black!
1. Amla- Amla or Indian gooseberry is one remedy which is highly recommended for treating any hair/scalp related problems or issues. Amla is an amazing source of antioxidants and vitamin C which helps in treating premature greying of hair along with other hair related problems. You can either consume amla on a daily basis in the form of juice or you can also use amla pulp or the oil on your scalp in order to reap the benefits.
2. Curry leaves- Curry leaves are known to improve the dark pigments of the hair and thus is a great remedy to treat premature greying of hair. You can combine the curry leaves with pure coconut oil to prepare a tonic for your hair. In order to do that, boil a handful of curry leaves in 2 tbsp. oil until the curry leaves are almost charred. Strain and throw away the curry leaves. massage your scalp and hair with this oil and leave it on overnight. Wash your hair the next day. repeat at least twice a week.
3. Henna- For ages, henna has been used by people in India in order to cover up grey hair. The best part is that it is an all-natural colourant and does not damage your hair at all. along with that it also conditions your hair and adds shine to it. You can either apply a paste of ground henna leaves mixed with coffee and amla powder, or you can also prepare henna oil by boiling henna leaves in coconut oil and then massage your scalp with it.
4. Onion juice- Onion juice is a great remedy for treating premature greying and thinning of hair. It has been found that grey hair is the result of hydrogen peroxide in the hair follicles and a fall in the quantity of a natural compound called catalase. The onion juice which is very rich in sulphur helps in promoting the production of catalase thus reversing the greying of hair. Extract juice from 2-3 onions depending on the length and thickness of your hair and massage it into your scalp. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off with a mild shampoo. repeat this remedy daily in order to get results.
5. Black tea- Black tea helps in deepening the colour of your hair. You can prepare a tonic with black tea. bring 2 tsp. of black tea to boil in 1 cup of water. To this tonic add 1 tsp. of salt and let it cool down. Spray this concoction on your hair and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. rinse it off with cold water. Repeat this remedy at twice a week in order to get results.
Incoming search terms:
- premature greying (1)