Red lipstick has been a cult favourite and still is. But one colour that has really emerged as the knight in the shining Armor is coral. If you are not aware of the colour coral then let me tell you that coral colour is a hybrid of orange and pink colour. Some coral lipsticks are more on the orangey side while some are more on the pink side. This is one of those lipstick shades which is extremely versatile and suits almost all skin tones. Being such a bright and summery shade it is the perfect alternative for those who find bright reds and pinks very intimidating and over the top.
Below we have mentioned the top 7 coral lip colours that you must try this summers.
1. Colorbar lip pot, coral crush- This one is very different from the other lipsticks in terms of packaging as it comes in a small tub pack. The little tub is very sturdy and can be carried around in your purse or handbag. It is a peachy warm toned coral which is perfect for the Indian skin tone. The pigmentation is amazing and just one swipe is enough to get an opaque colour. It does not dry out your lips at all even after hours. The staying power is also good it stays on your lips for a good 5 hours and can even stand complete meals but it do get lighten up a bit. Though the texture is very creamy, the lipstick does not get smudged or get streaky at all. Another plus is that it is non-transferable.
2. Faces go chic lip gloss, sheer coral- This gloss is perfect for college or school going girls as it gives only a slight hint of coral colour without being too overwhelming. So if you are looking for a bright coral colour this one is not for you. The lip gloss comes in the classic tube with applicator packaging. The formula is very creamy and moisturizing. Being a lip gloss it has pretty amazing staying power as it stays for almost 4 hours on your lips. On those days when you want to carry the no makeup look but still need your lips to have that natural colour and sheen, this product will definitely do the needful for you.
3. Lakme absolute gloss stylist, coral sunset- This shade is a bright orangey coral shade with gold shimmer in it (though the shimmer is not very visible).the gloss has a neon-ish tinge to it so it may not look very flattering on dark skinned women. This particular gloss is much pigmented as compared to the faces one. Just one swipe is all you need to cover your lips. It can also cover up lip pigmentation really well. The texture of the gloss is very creamy. Unlike other glosses it does not feel heavy or sticky. The staying power of the gloss is pretty average as it stays on for 2-3 hours on your lips and can survive light snacking.
4. Maybelline super stay 14 hr lipstick, stay with me coral- If you are not too fond of glosses then you can try out this matte coral lipstick from the brand Maybelline. This is one of those in your face bright coral lipstick that would give you an opaque colour in just one swipe. The coral is a coral which is more on the pink side. It is such a beautiful shade which will instantly brighten up your face. According to the company’s claim the lip colour is meant to stay on your lips for up to 14 hours which is somewhat true. It stays on your lips for extended hours but it did start to fade away from the middle of your lips post meals. The texture of the lipstick is a bit drying but that can be solved by using a lip balm underneath it.
5. Colorbar velvet matte lipstick, peach crush- Another one from colorbar, but this from their velvet matte range. This is an orange coral matte lipstick. The best part about these matte lipsticks is that along with being matte they are very creamy in texture. Unlike other matte lipsticks, this won’t dry out your lips or tug on your lips. But if you have extremely chapped lips then make sure to scrub them well and apply a lip balm before putting on any lipstick. The packaging of this lipstick is very decent. It comes in a silver transparent packaging and the bottom is also transparent from where you can identify the colour of the lipstick in case you own more than one of these. The staying power is amazing as the lipstick stays on for good 6-7 hours on your lips.
6. Maybelline color sensational bold matte lipstick, mat 2- This one is a bright coral pink. This one is a perfect summer colour as it is neither too bold nor too dull. This colour is more apt for light to medium skin tones, but women with dusky skin tone must avoid using this one. This lipstick comes in an attractive packaging which kind of matches with the colour of the lipstick. The texture of the lipstick is very creamy and moisturizing and it glides very easily onto the lips. It does not feel heavy or settle into fine lines. The staying power of the lipstick is good as stays on for 4-5 hours after which it starts to fade away.
7. Lotus herbals pure color lipstick, carnation- If you are a fan of herbal brands or lotus in general then definitely try out this lipstick. The colour is a peachy coral colour which will look flattering on almost every complexion. The lipstick is very creamy in texture and glides on very smoothly. It does not dry out your lips or settle in fine lines. The colour payoff is not that great as you need to apply at least two layers to get it opaque. The staying power of this lipstick is good as it stays for 3-4 hours on your lips after which it starts to fade away.