Wedding season is about to kick start and with that the soon brides to be are ready to rock this year’s latest bridal trends. The bridal fashion weeks give serious bridal trousseau goals to would be brides each year and this year no different. From taking inspirations for their mehndi to cocktail to wedding outfits, brides are taking the current runway bridal trends pretty seriously. Here are the top 5 trends that are making their way into the modern yet traditional bridal wardrobe this year.
1. Contemporary gowns- These are a perfect pick for your reception party or cocktail. These are a hybrid of both traditional and contemporary design. There is a whole variety to choose from embroidered to the net to embellished. Also, these are available in a lot of different cuts so that you can choose one according to your body type and preference. Also don’t forget to pick your gown in one of the trendiest colours of the season which are strawberry ice, toasted almond and scuba blue.
2. Floor length anarkalis- Anarkali suits have been on the trend list for the longest time. But now it’s almost identical brother/sister floor length anarkalis is the choice of a lot of brides out there. This one gives a rather royal feel to your entire look. This could be a great outfit for any of the wedding functions such as the sangeet, mehndi, cocktail, etc. Again you have a whole lot of variety to choose from keeping in mind the fabric, colour, etc.
3. Ditch the traditional colours- When it comes to weddings, the bride, in general, is supposed to wear only a few colours which are most of the times shades of red. But with changing scenario the brides are turning much more experimental and do not shy away from trying out colours which are not very “bridal”. From pastels to neon, brides are trying their hand on almost all of them. if you do not want to go all out for the colours, you can just add a hint of it by adding a dupatta or just the choli in a different colour.
4. Try jacket cholis- This may sound a bit weird at first but the runway has seen this style quite a lot of times. Again if it is too much for you to be worn on your wedding day, you can wear it on any of the wedding functions. This one is a great option for those brides who want to stay warm in the chilly weather but still look chic and stylish. These jackets are available in a huge variety when it comes to the work on them as well as the fabric.
Also Read: 7 Essential Beauty Tips For The Bride To Be
5. Long cholis- Long choli is another variation to the traditional choli which is worn with the lehenga or skirt. Ditch this particular style for the wedding day and keep it reserved for other functions. Colour selection cab be done keeping in mind the current trends.
Incoming search terms:
- short dresses india (1)