Sabudana vada recipe is a popular Maharashtrian snack, which is very easy to prepare. Over a period of time, this recipe has become quite popular in North India as well. It is a perfect snack option for you if you want to try something new during brunch or during fast. And the best thing about this dish is that you can prepare it in just 20 minutes. Isn’t that cool! So, just try out this delicious recipe at home and enjoy with family and friends.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients needed for sabudana vada recipe:
- Sago- 1 cup
- Potato- 2 ( boiled, peeled, mashed)
- Peanuts (crushed)- 1/2 cup
- Chilli powder- 2 pinches
- Salt- 3 pinches (you can use sendha namak during fast)
- Lemon juice- 1/2 tablespoon
- Sugar- 1/4th tablespoon
- Oil- 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tablespoon
- Raisins- 2
Now, how to make sabudana vada:
- First, take a bowl and add water to it with sago.
- Now, let it soak for 2 hours till they get fluffy.
- Then, drain the excess water and transfer the soaked sago in a separate bowl.
- After that keep it aside for 2 to 3 hours.
- Take a separate bowl and add mashed potatoes to it.
- In the meantime roast ground nuts in a pan over a medium flame.
- Once the nuts are roasted, transfer them to a separate bowl and keep them aside.
- Now, in the same pan, add 1 teaspoon of oil and add raisin and cumin to it.
- Saute them for a few seconds and turn off the flame.
- Then, mix the boiled potatoes and crushed ground nuts with sago.
- After that add lemon juice, sugar, and salt to the mixture.
- Now, add raisin and cumin mixture to the bowl.
- Again mix all the ingredients nicely.
- Then, take a small portion of the mixture and form vadas.
- In the meantime, heat pan over low flame.
- Place the prepared vadas over the pan and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Make sure the vadas turn golden brown from both the sides.
- And your sabudana vada is ready.
- Serve it hot with mint or coriander chutney.