Carrot ginger soup recipe is super light and healthy dish that you can easily prepare at your home. This soup is very nutritious as it contains ginger, celery, carrots and mild spices. Try out this tasty yet healthy recipe at home and treat your family and friends this winter.
Ingredients needed for carrot ginger soup recipe:
• Oil- 2 tablespoons
• Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
• Carrots- 3 cups (peeled and sliced)
• Celery- 1 cup (sliced)
• Asafoetida- 1/8th teaspoon
• Salt- 1 teaspoon
• Lemon juice- 2 teaspoons
• Sugar- 2 teaspoons
• Carom seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
• Ginger- 1/3rd cup (peel and cut in small pieces)
• Black pepper- 1/4th teaspoon
Now, how to make the carrot ginger soup:
• Take a saucepan and heat some oil on medium flame.
• Now, add cumin seeds, asafoetida and carom seeds.
• Then, cook it for few seconds.
• Add celery, carrots and ginger to the pan.
• Sauté all the ingredients well and cook for 12 minutes.
• Turn off the flame and keep it aside for a while.
• After that, add all the ingredients into a blender jar.
• Add 2 cups of water to it and form a puree.
• In the same pan, add the puree with salt and sugar.
• Boil it on medium flame.
• After that turn the flame to low and cook it for 10 minutes.
• Turn off the flame and add lemon juice and black pepper to it.
• Your carrot ginger soup is ready to be served.