Ram Nath Kovind is the 14th President elected for India which is the second largest democracy of the world. A few days ago, when the news broke out about the newly elected President he was all over internet and news channels. Still, there are many facts about the newly elected President that no one knows yet.
So, let’s have a look at some cool facts about the New President of India, Ram Nath Kovind:
1. Donated his ancestor’s house
Yes, you heard it right. Ram Nath Kovind donated his ancestral house located in Kanpur as a community house.
2. Represented India in UN
He has represented in the UN assembly and also addressed the General assembly in 2002.
3. Opposed to granting reservation
Ram Nath Kovind was totally against the reservation of Dalit Christians and Dalit Muslims. He has opposed the grants many times.
4. Won the Presidential elections with highest votes
Ram Nath Kovind was elected as the 14th President of India with 65.65% votes.
5. Worked as Governor
On August 8, 2015, Ram Nath Kovind was elected as the governor of Bihar.
6. Second Dalit to become President
Ram Nath Kovind is the second Dalit President after K.R. Narayanan.
7. Worked as private secretary of former Prime Minister
In the year 1977, Ram Nath Kovind has worked as a private secretary of the Prime Minister Morarji Desai and even worked as a national spokesperson of BJP.
Incoming search terms:
- Facts about new elected president of imdia (1)
- information about newly elected president ram nath kovind (1)