No matter how much of sunscreen you splatter on your face, your skin always bear the brunt of harsh sun rays. Curd is an ancient and excellent way to reduce the effect of heat during boiling summer days. If you have a bowl of the cup along with your meals, save some part for your skin as well. Your skin loves curd as much as your tummy does. Since curd is rich in vitamin D, calcium as well protein, it is very beneficial for your skin health. But make sure that you don’t use any curd with artificial flavours on your skin. Use only the plain form of curd.
In case you are too tired to go to the salon for the rejuvenating facial then you can try the curd on your face. Curd is delicious and above all, it is healing. Curd blesses you with a crystal clear skin when used internally as well externally.
What Curd Can Do To Your Skin?
- If you’ve been facing the sun too much lately, then curd can be an effective remedy for sunburns.
- It naturally detoxifies your skin and gives your skin a natural sheen.
- It is an excellent anti-ageing remedy with no side effects.
- The milk proteins in the curd moisturize and exfoliate your skin.
- It also lightens your complexion and removes tan.
- It tones your skin and reduces sun spots
- It lightens up the acne and pimple scars.
How to Use Curd as a Natural Skin Care?
Zinc present in the curd diminishes and soothes acne problem while the lactic acid in it provides a soothing and hydrating effect to the skin. It makes your skin supple and soft to the touch. However people with oily skin might find it a bit oily, so it is recommended to add some lemon juice to it.
1. Take ½ cup of curd and a tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix it well. Put this mixture in the refrigerator for few hours. Apply this cool paste on your face. Massage this paste on your face, neck and hands. Do this daily for one week and see the difference.
2. Apply plain curd on your face daily to keep acne at bay. It will also reduce the early signs of ageing.
3. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and 1/4th cup of powdered oatmeal in your curd. Mix it well to make a thick paste. Apply it on your face and rub it gently in circular motion. Wash it off after half an hour with lukewarm water. This acts as an excellent scrub for your skin.
4. Take 2 tablespoons of ground oats, 1 tablespoon of curd and 1 beaten egg. Mix the contents into a paste. Massage it on your face and neck. Wash it off with cold water after 15 minutes.
5. To improve your skin texture and complexion, mix the curd with different fruits like lemon, strawberry. Mix all the contents and massage it on your face. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
6. Take 3/4th cup of plain curd, half a peach, and half a cucumber. Blend them into a fine paste. Massage this mixture on your face and leave for 15 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
7. Mix equal quantities of honey and curd and massage it on your face to get rid of dirt and toxins.
Daily use of these face packs will ensure you a problem-free skin. And the best part is these face masks are easy to make and even easier to apply.
Incoming search terms:
- curd for face (194)
- disadvantages of applying curd on face (128)
- curd on face (102)
- applying curd on face everyday (86)
- applying curd on face is good or bad (86)
- applying curd on face at night (66)
- benefits of applying curd on face (51)
- How to apply curd on face (42)
- applying curd on face for pimples (36)
- curd for skin (34)