No matter how much safe you stay, there are some situations we don’t have control over. Getting injured is something which remains out of our hands sometimes, but scarring is something which can be prevented. Once you get hurt, follow these easy steps to prevent scarring. Here’s a complete guide right from the time you get wounded to the time the scar gets healed. Read on to know more.
1. Leave the wound open and let it breathe in the open air. Do not cover up the wounded area with creams, oils, etc. Because all these ointments have occlusive, means they clog up the pores and hinder the self-repair procedure of the skin. The fluid which skin releases when it’s wounded is enough to heal the wound in first place.
2. Never, just never soak the wounded area in water or expose it to humidity for extended periods. Too much exposure to water can break down the scab which forms over the wounded skin which, thus impairing the formation of new skin.
3. Clean the damaged skin using a gentle soap free cleanser. But never over the wound or rub it using a scrub.
4. After cleaning your wound, cover it using a light and thin bandage which allows the flow of air across.
5. To avoid the risk of infection, use an over-the-counter antibacterial liquid such as Dettol over your wound. If the redness increases or if you notice pus formation within the wound, consult your doctor immediately.
6. When the wound is healed completely, apply a thin layer of moisturizer loaded with antioxidants and other skin repair ingredients.
7. Never expose the injured area to the sun directly. Instead of applying sunscreen to the wounded area, avoid taking it out to the sunny areas, at the first place. Seek a shade or cover your wound with a piece of cloth. You should be protecting your skin from the sun even if there’s no wound.
8. Don’t forget to change the bandage, if any, at night. If you feel that the wound has become dry and itchy, apply a non-greasy moisturizer at it. Keep the wounds moist but not wet. A little hydration boosts up the healing process. A lightweight moisturizer soothes the itching sensation while allowing the skin to breathe freely.
9. If you notice that the scab is still present on the wound, don’t touch or pick at it. If you tear away the scab it can seriously impair the healing process and lead to scarring which can be stubborn to be removed.
10. Do not overload the skin. Skin react to the wound by inflammation. So if you do anything which further irritates the skin, the wound can get worse.
11. Avoid soaps and surfs to get in contact with the wound. Don’t use products that have high quantities of fragrance in it. Don’t use alcohol-based toner on the wounded area. Even a little bit of mint in the products can irritate your wound.
Incoming search terms:
- beautiful face of indian women (1)
- can we apply detol to wounds on face to avoid scars (1)
- face black dot lady indian (1)
- girls using scarves to cover face (1)
- indian cute girls with scarf on their faces hd pics (1)
- indian girl with scarf (1)
- what to avoid eating when you get wounded (1)
- woman face indian (1)