Are you bored of same old paranthas and sandwiches for breakfast? Do you wish to try something different and quick? Why not go for some delicious oats chilla for breakfast or snack time!
Oats are gluten-free, vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants enriched, nutritious whole grains that are great for starting your day in a healthy way. This recipe has just the right number of calories that is a great push for an energy filled start of your day.
Also read: How to Make Egg Paratha for Breakfast
Preparation Time: 15 MINUTES
Cooking Time: 15 MINUTES
Calories: 406 kcal
• 1 cup of Oats
• 1 ½ cup od Buttermilk
• 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
• ½ teaspoon roasted Cumin
• 1 chopped Green Chili
• ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
• ½ teaspoon Coriander powder
• ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
• Sea Salt to taste
• Chaat Masala (to sprinkle on top)
• Peeled Onion (cut in half)
How To Prepare:
1. First, put a non-stick pan on high heat and then roast the oats for about 2 minutes or until turned golden yellow in color.
2. Now turn off the heat and transfer the oats to a grinding jar and grind them till finely ground.
3. Add buttermilk, ginger paste, roasted cumin, chopped green chili, black pepper powder, coriander powder, cayenne pepper, and salt into the jar.
4. Now grind again to mix all the ingredients for another 2 minutes or until a firm paste, and pour the mixture into a bowl.
5. Now take that onion half and spray the oil on the open side. Then put on a flat pan on heat and slightly rub the oiled onion to make the pan greasy and to leave the onion essence on it.
6. Next, pour half of the batter into the flat pan and spread it in a circular shape. Turn the heat from high to medium and cover the pan for about 30 seconds.
7. Uncover and flip the chilla to the other side. Let it cook for 2 minutes or until it turns golden brown and crispy.
8. Sprinkle chaat masala on top and serve hot with mint or coconut chutney.
Tip* Add vegetables like carrot, capsicum, onion, tomato, spinach, peas, beans, etc. to make the dish even healthier and nutrition rich.