When you get your hair colored, the bleach is the main component which adds color to your mane. But, when the hair color starts to fade, the bleached hair starts to show a brassy texture on your mane which can make your hair look ugly. Yet, there is always a solution to solve any problem, and we have found one for you guys i.e. hair toners. A hair toner is known as a perfect solution to get rid of the brassy yellow and orange tone hair which are visible. So, today in this article we are going to share some homemade toners for smooth and silky hair.
1. Lemon toner
Image Source: stylecraze
Lemon is a fruit which is very rich in vitamin C, and when it is mixed with honey, it works like magic for your hair. So, instead of opting for the expensive toners, you can easily prepare a natural hair toner at home using lemon.
• Water- 3/4th cup
• Hair dye brush
• Lemon juice- 1/4th cup
• Honey- 2-3 tablespoons
• First, take a bowl and mix 1/4th cup lemon juice with a 3/4th cup of water.
• Now, add 2 tablespoons of honey to the lemon juice.
• Again, mix all the ingredients properly.
• Now, with the help of a hair dye brush, apply the honey and lemon mixture to your mane avoiding your scalp.
• After that, leave it on for 1.5 hours.
• Now, rinse off your mane using a mild shampoo and warm water.
Note: Don’t use this solution for more than 3 times a month as honey has natural bleaching properties that can affect the texture of your hair.
2. Baking soda shampoo
Image Source: naturalhealingmagazine
Baking soda is considered a great toner for your hair when it is mixed with shampoo. Besides this, it also helps in neutralizing the warm tones present in your mane when combined with food color.
• Shampoo- Sulphate free
• Baking soda- 1 tablespoon
• Purple food color- 2 to 3 drops
• Blue food color- 2 to 3 drops
• Take a bowl and add some shampoo to it.
• Now, add 2 drops of blue food color, 2 drops of purple food color with 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
• Then, add few drops of water to the mixture and keep it aside for 7 minutes.
• In the meantime, rinse your hair with warm water.
• Now, apply the mixture to your hair and allow it to sit for 7-8 minutes.
• After that, wash off your hair properly and make sure you condition your hair to provide the needed nourishment.
Note: Using this remedy frequently can make your hair dry and damaged so, it is suggested that you should use this remedy once in a week for effective results.
3. Apple cider vinegar solution
Image Source: cnn
The acidic property of apple cider vinegar is very effective in removing the orange-yellow texture from the hair. And it also helps in deep cleansing by removing the product build-up.
• Water- 2-3 tablespoons
• Apple cider vinegar- 4 to 5 tablespoons
• First, take a small bowl and mix apple cider vinegar with some water.
• Now, rinse off your hair with this solution.
• Then, allow it to sit for 15 minutes.
• After that, wash off your hair with warm water followed by a conditioner.
Note: Don’t use this remedy too frequently as the acidic content of apple cider vinegar can make your mane dry. So, it is advised to use this solution twice a month.
So, these were the few DIY toners for smooth and silky hair.