Monsoon can be very soul pleasing after the hot summers. But it also takes a toll on your skin. The humidity makes your skin look dull and dark. And since it is so humid there is no way you can use makeup or fairness creams to make yourself look fairer. Thankfully there are certain home remedies which can come to your rescue. Below we have mentioned 5 easy kitchen ingredients to get fairer skin this monsoon.
1. Yogurt- Yogurt is a milk product and thus contains lactic acid which has mild bleaching or skin whitening properties. The lactic acid has alpha hydroxyl acids or AHA’s which bring down the melanin production thus making your skin appear fairer.
Image Source: alyssaandcarla
- Take half cup of fresh yogurt (unflavored) and apply it on the areas you need to lighten.
- Leave the yogurt on your face for 4-5 minutes and then wash it off with water.
- In order to get best results, follow this remedy on a regular basis.
2. Gram flour- Gram flour or besan doesn’t really have skin whitening properties but it works as an amazing skin exfoliator. It gets rid of all the accumulated dead skin cells and the dirt trapped in your skin pores.
Image Source: co
- Add 1 tbsp. chickpea flour, ½ tsp. honey, 1 tbsp. milk cream and 2-5 drops of lemon juice in a bowl. Mix it well to make a uniform paste.
- Apply this skin whitening mask on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy regularly in order to see results.
3. Honey- Honey has naturally occurring mild bleaching properties. when used on a regular basis honey can help in skin whitening. Along with that, it helps in getting rid of the dead skin cells which often makes your skin appear darker. But make sure to apply only raw organic raw honey on your face.
Image Source: theeverygirl
- Apply the honey to the area that needs to be lightened and leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water after 5 minutes.
- In order to get the best results, follow this remedy on a daily basis.
4. Tomatoes- Tomatoes also have mild bleaching properties in them and thus helps in skin whitening. Tomatoes are very rich in vitamin C and also has astringent properties which help in skin whitening. The acidic nature of the tomatoes also helps in balancing the pH level of the skin thus preventing excess oil secretion. This makes it one of the perfect home remedies for oily and acne prone skin.
Image Source: porcelainfacespa
- Extract the pulp of a tomato.
- Apply the pulp on your face and neck and let it dry.
- Wash your face with water after around 10 minutes.
- Use this remedy on a regular basis in order to get results.
Also Read: 8 Superfoods to Eat During This Monsoon!
5. Turmeric- Turmeric is an age old remedy that has been passed onto us from our grandmothers and mothers. Turmeric has been used for ages in India to treat various skin related issues and ailments along with skin whitening.
Image Source: girlsmagpk
- Mix turmeric powder with milk cream or malai (you can also use water instead of malai if you have oily skin) to make a paste.
- Apply the mask on your face and neck, avoiding the eye area.
- Let the mask dry and then wash it off with water. You can also use a mild cleanser to wash off the residue of the milk cream.
- In order to get best results, repeat this remedy at least 2 times a week.