Baking soda is one of those ingredients which is very much loved by the people who prefer natural ingredients for their hair and skin dilemmas rather than chemical-laden products. It can be used for solving a variety of skin related issues that too very easily. No matter how sensitive your skin is it is never going to react with it or make it worse. Here are some of the most effective ways in which you can use baking soda for a better skin and hair.
Also Read: 7 Magic Tricks To Do With Baking Soda
1. Sun tan remover- Harsh rays of the sun may leave your skin tanned and patchy. But luckily baking soda works wonders when it comes to tan removal. All you have to do is prepare a thick paste of baking soda by combining it with water. Put the mixture in the refrigerator and allow it to chill for a few minutes. Apply this paste on the affected area and leave it on for 5-10 minutes. After the time lapse scrub it round circular motion and rinse it off with plain water.
2. As a blackhead remover- Baking soda has very fine particles and thus acts as an amazing blackhead remover. The best part is that baking soda is one of the cheapest blackhead remover available in the market. Mix equal parts of baking soda and water to make a scrub. Massage this scrub gently on your nose for a few minutes and then rinse with water. To enhance the effect, you can also take steam prior to the scrubbing as well.
Also Read: Do Not Try These 6 Beauty Hacks at Home!
3. As a shampoo- If you feel that your hair does not respond to any of the new shampoos or conditioners, then chances are that there is a huge build-up of products on your hair which is preventing the same to function properly. Your hair and scalp are in dire need of a cleanse. You can easily prepare a cleansing shampoo with baking soda. Add some baking soda to your regular shampoo and then use it to shampoo your hair normally. This will get rid of all or any product build-up in your scalp and hair.
4. For counteracting skin odour- Baking soda is also known to neutralise bad odour. For most people, it is the armpit area which is the main culprit. But being a skin friendly product you can use it to reduce the effect of bad odour effectively. Apply some baking soda on your underarm area while taking a shower. Repeat this remedy every day after taking a shower. This remedy will also reduce the staining and sweat in general effectively.
5. As a detox bath- If you decide to go for a detox bath at a spa, you’ll probably have to shell out a lot of money. But you can get the same at your home without spending even a single penny (if you have baking soda at home). Add some Epsom salt, baking soda and 6-8 drops of your favourite essential oil to your bathing water. Soak yourself in this water for 20-30 minutes and you will feel energised and refreshed.
Also Read: DIY home remedies Skin whitening