We all love to have something spicy and chatkaredaar whenever we go out. Veg Frankie or aloo Tikki Frankie is one of the food items, which always makes us drool! Keeping this in mind, we have come up with a quick aloo Tikki Frankie recipe that will surely curb your craving. These are thin rotis, stuffed with yogurt raita, aloo Tikki, and veggies. This is a fast fix recipe which you must give a try at home!
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Ingredients Needed for Aloo Tikki Frankie:
• Potatoes- 3 medium sized or 300 gm of potatoes
• Red chili powder- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chili or green chilies-1 or 2
• Cumin powder- ½ teaspoon
• Chaat masala powder- ½ teaspoon
• Coriander powder- ½ teaspoon
• Dry ginger powder- ½ teaspoon
• Chopped coriander leaves- 2-3 teaspoon
• Rice flour, corn flour, rice flour or arrowroot flour- 1.5-2 tbsp
• Salt as per your taste
• Oil-2 tbsp
Also Read: Easy-To-Make Chinese Bhel Recipe
Ingredients Needed For Rotis:
• Oil- 1 teaspoon
• Salt as per your taste
• Whole wheat-1 cup
• Water as required
Ingredients Needed For Sweet Raita:
• Sugar- 2/3 or ¾ tbsp
• Kashmiri red chili powder-1/4 teaspoon
• Chopped coriander leaves- 2 teaspoon
• Fresh curd- 1cup
• Cumin powder-1/2 teaspoon
• Chaat masala-1/4 teaspoon
For Frankie Stuffing:
• 1 medium grated carrot
• 1 medium onion
• salt- 2-3 pinch
Also Read: Easy-to-make Mexican street corn recipe
Now, How To Make Aloo Ki Tikki For Frankie:
• Steam potatoes. Let them cool and then peel and grate them in a bowl.
• Now add coriander powder, dry ginger powder, cornstarch, Kashmiri red chili powder, cumin powder, chaat masala and salt as per your taste and mix everything properly.
• Apply some oil on your palms and make small patties.
• Now shallow fry the tikkis on medium hot tava till it turns golden and crispy.
• Once done, put these patties on tissue or paper towel, so to remove excess oil from it.
How To Make Rotis For Frankie Recipe:
• For Frankie rotis, knead 1 cup of wheat flour with salt, water, and oil and make a smooth dough. Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
• Now make thin chappatis out of the dough and place it on hot tava.
• Once you see small bubbles appearing on the roti, just flip it and cook the other side of the roti.
• Do not overcook the roti, or else it will turn into papad!
How To Make Raita And Stuffing For Frankie Recipe:
• Chop some onion and add 2-3 pinch of salt so to remove its pungent smell and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
• Grate some carrot and beat 1 cup of yogurt. Add cumin powder, chaat masala, red chili powder, coriander leaves, salt, and sugar in the curd and keep the mixture in a refrigerator.
Final Making Of Aloo Tikki Frankie Recipe:
• Take one roti on the plate and place two Tikkis on it.
• Now add some chopped onions and grated carrot on the top of the Tikkis.
• Then pour some raita on to the stuffing and sprinkle a pinch of chaat masala on it.
• Now fold the sides of the Frankie with the help of a toothpick and serve it with the fresh chilled remaining yogurt.
So next time if you feel like eating Frankie, then just follow this aloo Tikki Frankie recipe step-by-step and enjoy! Don’t forget to share your experience about preparing and eating this delicious aloo Tikki Frankie!