Brittle nails are a very common problem faced by both men and women. There are many factors that lead to brittle nails like overexposure to chemicals, dehydration, frequent use of nail polish, aging etc. There are also other reasons that can lead to brittle nails which include, psoriasis, anemia, and eczema. But you don’t need to worry much as you can treat naturally at home. Here in this article, we have shared some home remedies for brittle nails that will make your nails strong and healthy.
1. Vitamin E for healthy nails
The main factor that leads to weak nails is lack of moisture. And vitamin E is very effective in restoring the moisture that can help in improving the state of your nails by making it strong and healthy.
• First, extract some oil from the vitamin E capsules.
• Now, apply the extracted oil on your nails.
• Then, massage it for 2 to 3 minutes.
Use this remedy daily before going to bed.
2. Green tea for strong nails
Green tea is packed with the benefits of antioxidants that help in making your nails strong and healthy.
• Boil a cup of water in a pot.
• Now, add few green tea leaves to it.
• Then, allow it to cool for awhile.
• After that dip your nails in the tea for 10 to 15 minutes.
Use this remedy twice in a week to get best results.
• Take a bowl and add 2 to 3 teaspoons of green tea to it.
• Now, add a pinch of salt and 2-3 drops of wheat germ oil.
• Then, mix all the ingredients nicely.
• Soak your nails in the mixture for about 5 to 10 minutes.
• Later, dry it off with a clean towel.
Use this remedy 2 to 3 times in a week.
3. Flax seeds for perfect nails
Flax seeds contain vital components like potassium, magnesium, vitamin B and omega-3 fatty acids which can make your nails strong and healthy.
• Just rub some flax seeds oil on your nails.
• Then, massage it for a while.
Repeat this remedy daily before going to bed.
4. Sea salt for treating nails
Sea salt contains various healing properties that can improve the state of your nail by making it strong and shiny.
• First, take a bowl and add warm water to it.
• Now, add 2 tablespoons of sea salt.
• Then, soak your nails in it for 15 to 20 minutes.
• After that wipe your hands with a clean towel.
Repeat this remedy daily to get best results.
5. Apple cider vinegar for healthy nails
Apple cider vinegar is best known for its various beauty and health benefits. It also contains vital nutrients like magnesium, potassium, calcium, and iron that can improve the state of your nails by making them strong and combating nail infection.
• In a bowl, mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water.
• Now, soak your fingers in the mixture for 10 minutes.
• Then, wipe it off with a clean towel.
Repeat this remedy daily for best results.
6. Beer for nourishing your nails
Beer is very beneficial for nails as it contains magnesium, selenium, and potassium that can nourish and strengthen your nails.
How to use:
• Pour half cup of beer in a bowl.
• Now, add 1/4th cup of apple cider vinegar to it.
• Then, heat some olive oil and add to the mixture.
• Mix all the ingredients properly.
• Soak your fingers in the mixture for 10 to 15 minutes.
• Later, wipe it off with a clean towel.
Use this remedy once in a week to get best results.
Other ways to strengthen nails:
You can make your nails healthy by making some simple changes in your lifestyle. Just add minerals, vitamins, and proteins to your diet.
Try to exercise regularly as it improves blood circulation which makes your nail healthy and strong.
Drink lot of water to keep your body hydrated.
4. Groom your nails
File your nails regularly to maintain its health and to avoid peeling and breaking.
Always use gloves while washing dishes and clothes as it will protect your nails from detergents and soaps.
So, these were the few home remedies for brittle nails.