Do you frequently suffer from acidity and want to treat this health condition as soon as possible? Well, for your information, acidity occurs when there is an excess secretion of acids in your gastric glands. There are various factors that can lead to this health condition like the long gap between meals, excess consumption of coffee, tea or alcohol.
Further, it can also lead to a burning sensation your stomach which can make you feel restless. So, to avoid this health condition we have listed some home remedies for acidity that will help in treating acidity permanently.
1. Cinnamon for treating digestive problems
image source: cnn
Cinnamon is a very effective remedy for treating acidity and various digestive problems as it contains natural antacid which improves the absorption and digestion process.
• First, boil a cup of water.
• Now, add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to it.
• Then, let it soak.
• After that drink the mixture.
Drink this mixture thrice a day to avoid acidity.
2. Fennel seeds for instant relief
image source: ndtv
Fennel seeds effectively provide relief from acidity especially when you consume it after a meal. The natural oils present in this seeds can help in keeping your digestive tract clear. Thus, reducing the chances of bloating and indigestion.
• Boil a cup of water.
• Add few fennel seeds to it.
• Now, let it soak for few minutes.
• Then, strain the mixture.
Drink this fennel tea to treat acidity.
3. Coconut water for protecting stomach
image source: livestrong
Coconut water helps in producing mucous which protects your stomach from the harmful effects of the excessive acid production. This simple drink can help in turning the pH acidic level of your body to alkaline.
4. Cardamom for soothing stomach spasms
image source: kiranaplace
Cardamom or elachi is a natural ingredient which is very effective for treating stomach spams and also helps in stimulating digestion. It also protects your stomach from the harmful effects of excess acid production.
• First crush two cardamom pods.
• Now, boil it with some water.
• Then, keep it aside for a while.
• Later, drink the mixture to get instant relief from acidity.
5. Mint leaves for improving digestion
image source: stylecraze
Mint leaves can help in lowering the acid content in your stomach thereby reducing the chances of acidity. The leaves also provide a cooling effect which can reduce the burning sensation and pain in your stomach caused because of acidity.
• First, boil some water in a pot.
• Now, add some chopped mint leaves to it.
• Then, cool the water and drink it.
6. Cold milk for balancing gastric acids
image source: thehealthsite
Cold milk can help in balancing gastric acids in the stomach as it is very rich in calcium that can prevent the acid production in your stomach. So, if next time you suffer from acidity then just drink a glass of milk.
7. Basil for the production of mucus
image source: livingawareness
Basil leaves are best known for its various beauty and health benefits and also helps in stimulating the production of mucus in the stomach. The carminative and soothing present in basil can help in reducing the effects of gastric acids.
How to use:
• Just chew 5 to 6 basil leaves whenever you feel acidic.
• Or you can boil 3 to 4 basil leaves in water and then drink it with some honey.
So, these were the few home remedies for acidity.