Sesame oil is not new in the skincare world. It has been used since ages for enhancing the beauty of skin as well as treating several skin related issues. The yellow coloured oil is full of nutrients and has a nutty flavour. It is very extensively used in cooking also. But today we are going to talk about the various skin related benefits of the sesame oil.
1. Treat sunburns- Sesame oil is great if you want to treat sunburn as it acts as a natural barrier against the sun’s rays. Not only this when applied on the skin on a regular sesame oil forms up a barrier on the skin thus protecting the skin from the harmful rays of the sun. It also protects the skin against the chances of getting cancer. It also protects the skin from the pollutants and smoke in the air.
Image Source: alwaysladies
2. Skin rashes- If you frequently get rashes on your skin and want to get rid of them fast then you can try applying some sesame oil on the rashes. It is also a great remedy for diaper rashes. It is perfectly safe to apply on new-borns as it is very gentle on the skin.
Image Source: mdpcdn
3. Cracked heels- Not many people know this but cracked heels can be very painful and thus you need something which could really help in healing and moisturize the cracked heels. Sesame oil is the answer to this problem. All you have to do is apply a generous amount of the sesame oil on the cracked heels, wear a pair of cotton socks and go to bed. Do it every night before going to bed and you will notice a huge difference the way your heels look and feel.
Image Source: dontmesswithmama
4. Fade blemishes- The sesame oil is loaded with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties which help in keeping the acne at bay. If you have any existing pimples, sesame oil helps in clearing them out. It also prevents the formation of blackheads and whiteheads as well.
Also Read :- DIY home remedies Skin whitening
Image Source: sgeyazilim
5. Slows down ageing- This one is my favourite of all the benefits. Sesame oil is proved to slow down the process of skin ageing. When applied regularly on the skin, it prevents the skin cell from getting oxidized as well as it helps in skin rejuvenation. Sesame oil contains an enzyme called sesamol which prevents wrinkles and other signs of ageing. You can use sesame oil mixed with another essential oil such as lavender or rosehip oil to massage the face regularly. But make sure to apply it at night so that the oil may get the time to get absorbed into the skin completely. The next day you are going to wake up with a glowing and younger looking skin.
Image Source: blogspot
6. As a moisturizer- Most of the oil are moisturizing in nature but none of the oils is as good as the sesame oil. Sesame oil not only moisturizes your skin but also helps in keeping it soft. Almost anyone can use it a daily moisturizer but it is always a better idea to try it before applying it all over your face. If you find the smell annoying, you can mix it with essential oils or other carrier oil and then use it. If you already have oily skin, then do not use sesame oil as a daily moisturizer.
Image Source: livestrongcdn
7. As a skin enhancer- Sesame oil is loaded with essential fatty acids. To be more precise sesame oil is rich in two type of fatty acids, palmitic acid and linoleic acid. The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of the sesame oil is due to the presence of linoleic acid. Other than these fatty acids sesame oil also has manganese, copper, magnesium and calcium in it. The sesame oil is full of antioxidants and thus is very good for the overall health of the skin.