There is no denying that the current lifestyle of a majority of people has turned into a marathon. Everyone is trying to reach the finish line and no one has time for anything. What could be a better example other than the fact that people are actually using a blow dryer to dry their hair because they don’t have time to let their hair dry on their own. But using a hair dryer on a daily basis can do a lot of damage to your hair and may turn them into a dry mess. Also not using the hair dryer properly may lead to irreversible hair damage.
Today we are going to share with you the most common hair dryer mistakes that people commit on a regular basis, so that you don’t commit the same mistakes.
1. Not using a heat protectant- This is the biggest mistake that you can commit while using any type of hot tool let alone a hair dryer. Exposing your naked tresses to the hot temperature of your hair dryer will damage them to the core making them dry, brittle and lifeless. Thus, it is important for you to apply a heat protectant before using your hair dryer. The heat protectant will create a barrier between the hair shaft and the heat, thus preventing damage.
2. Not sectioning your hair- The best and the easiest way to dry your hair is by sectioning them into small manageable sections. This way you won’t create a mess out of your hair while drying them. Plus, you can easily keep your dry hair separate from the wet ones.
3. Choosing the right attachment- A hair dryer normally comes with 2 attachments: the concentrator and the diffuser. A lot of women are not even aware of the uses of the same. These attachments are there in that box for some reason only. If you are trying to go for the classic blow dry look then you must use the concentrator with a round brush to even out your tresses. But if you have curly hair then you should stick to the diffuser as this will add texture and definition to your curls.
4. Holding it in the wrong way- Using a hair dryer is a different thing than using it the correct way and of course, the results are going to vary vastly. You must always hold the hair dryer from the handle in order to get a better control and never from the body. Also, hold the dryer in such a way that the air from the dryer is flowing in a downward motion on your hair shaft. This will prevent your hair from getting frizzy.
5. Not using the right brush- Hair is a prized possession and thus needs to be taken care of properly. For this, it is important that you choose the correct equipment. If you are going to blow dry your hair makes sure you use a round boar bristle brush for this. Boar bristle brushes are very gentle on the hair and does not harm the hair shaft. In fact, it helps in distributing the natural oils from the scalp on your hair. Anyways we use we are using so many chemicals on our hair and scalp which are causing so much damage to our hair, using a natural bristle brush will prevent any further damage that may have occurred with a metal brush.
6. Not drying your hair completely- If your hair is not completely dry then curling them or straightening them may lead to burnt hair. If you don’t section your hair properly or fail to hold the dryer in a proper manner, then there are chances that you might leave wet patches in places. Thus, it is advisable to divide your hair into small sections and then dry them on cold setting.
7. Use a finishing spray- In order to make your blow dry to last all day, finish it by spraying on some hairspray on your tresses. But make sure not to put on too much or your hair may mimic cardboard.