Tattoo & piercing are the two fashionable things that give a spunk over those who think of them otherwise. For someone who is getting a tattoo or piercing for the first time, this article will be of great help to them.
Know about what tattoo & piercing really means, which one is better to go for, which one hurts more and most importantly what happens if anything goes wrong. Don’t worry, people! We have the answers to your questions.
WHAT IS TATTOO & PIERCING?
A tattoo is a form of body art, which means that you get something painted or embedded on your body with a pricking needle filled with ink and is pierced through the dermis of the skin. The needle injects the paint into the skin making it change its pigmentation. You can get a tattoo on any part of your body.
Whereas, piercing is like puncturing a hole in your skin using a needle, to fit a piece of jewelry in it. Nose & earlobes are the main places where people prefer to get pierced, but you can get it any other places too, like lips, tongue, navels, eyebrows, etc.
HEALTH RISKS INVOLVED
• The dye or ink may cause an allergic reaction.
• It can lead to skin infections.
• It can cause the development of keloids or nodules.
• It can cause infections in the open tracts for months or even years as well.
• It can cause puss-filled mass and swelling around the wounds.
• The infections may lead to fever, rapid breathing and chills.
• Damaged blood vessel might take time to heal, thus causing bleeding for a long time.
Also read: Tiny Tattoos With Huge Meanings- For Women
PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN:
• Get yourself tattooed from a reputable and a licensed studio.
• Ask them to use a fresh and sanitized needle from the sealed packages.
• All the equipment used and the surface you are lying on should be sanitized and clean.
• Swab the to be tattooed area with a disinfectant and use a sterilized bandage after the completion.
• Piercing gun is better to be used to get earlobes pierced than any other area.
• Use hollow needles to pierce through the other parts.
• A pair of clean gloves, sanitized equipment and fresh needles should be used.
• Sterilized jewelry must be used after piercing to put through the hole.
• Keep the tattooed area covered and away from sunlight for the next 24 hours.
• Apply plain water and mild soap to clean the tattooed area, and refrain from touching it too much.
• Clean it using a warm antibacterial or sea salt soak.
• Consult your doctor if you see the signs of infections.
• Use alcohol-free mouthwash for oral piercings.