Poha chivda is a very famous namkeen recipe which is prepared during Diwali in different parts of India. Different people have different variations of this recipe. In this article, we have shared the Maharashtrian version of this recipe which is prepared with poha, spices and dry fruits.
So, let’s get started with the recipe of poha chivda.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Also read: Diwali Special- Ragda Patties Recipe
Ingredients needed for poha chivda:
• Thick white poha- 1 cup
• Chana (roasted)- 1/2 cup
• Dry coconut slices- 1/4th cup (optional)
• Peanuts- 1/2 cup
• Cashews- 1/2 cup
• Curry leaves- 10 to 12
• Raisins- 2 tablespoons
• Cumin seeds- 1/2 teaspoons
• White sesame seeds- 1 teaspoons
• Turmeric powder- 1/4th teaspoon
• Chilli powder- 1/4th teaspoon
• Powdered sugar- 1 teaspoon
• Oil- 1 teaspoon
• Salt- as per requirement
• Asafoetida- a pinch
• Mustard seeds- 1/4th teaspoon
Also read: Diwali Special- Badam Ladoo Recipe
Now, how to prepare poha chivda at home.
• First, wash curry leaves, raisins and cashews in clean water.
• After that dry them with a clean kitchen towel.
• Now, heat oil in the pan.
• Then, take a sieve and hold it with a handle.
• Place some poha on the sieve and dip it in the medium hot oil.
• Fry the poha till it becomes crisp.
• After that transfer the fried poha to a plate.
• Add the remaining poha on the sieve and fry it.
• Now, add the remaining fried to the same plate that you kept aside.
• Then, add chana dal to the sieve and fry it a bit.
• Transfer it to another plate.
• Repeat the same process with cashewnuts, raisins, coconut slices, curry leaves and peanuts.
• Make sure you place all of these ingredients in different bowls.
• Now, heat 1 teaspoon of oil in another pan and add sesame and cumin seeds.
• Then, fry them till they change their color.
• After that turn off the flame and add turmeric powder, asafoetida and red chili powder to the pan.
• Stir, the mixture and then add salt and sugar.
• After that turn on the flame and then add the fried ingredients including the poha to the apn.
• Now, mix all the ingredients well.
• Then, add the crushed curry leaves to the mixture.
• Stir the mixture again for 2 to 3 minutes on low flame.
• Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool.
• Store the mixture in an airtight box.
• Your poha chivda is ready to be served.