Sabudana upma is a very simple recipe from South India which is very healthy and easy to prepare at home. This can be a perfect breakfast for Navratri. But for this recipe, you first need to soak sabudana for 5 to 6 hours. In this recipe, we have combined sago, potatoes, and other spices to add more flavor.
So, let’s get started with the recipe.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients needed for sabudana upma:
• Sabudana (soaked)- 2 cup
• Potato- 4
• Peanuts (roasted)- 2 tablespoons
• Curry leaves- 8
• Green chilli- 3
• Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
• Ginger- 1 inch
• Lemon- 1
• Sendha namak- as per requirement
• Vegetable oil- 1 tablespoons
Now, how to prepare sabudana upma:
• First, boil the potatoes.
• And then chop them into pieces.
• After that, grind the peanuts in the grinder.
• In the meantime, chop ginger and green chilli.
• Take a pan and add one tablespoon of oil.
• Once the oil is hot enough add ginger and curry leaves.
• Now, add the sabudana, sendha namak and green chillies.
• Then, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
• After that add the chopped potatoes and grounded peanuts to the pan.
• Mix all the ingredients well.
• And turn off the flame.
• Transfer the upma to another bowl and squeeze a lemon.
• And garnish it with coriander leaves.
• Your sabudana upma is ready to be served.