I don’t think that there is anyone in this world who doesn’t like chocolate cake. Just the name is enough to activate your salivary glands. But a cake is something that you cannot really make on a regular basis because it is quite a lengthy process. Another problem that arises is the availability of an oven as not everyone owns one. But that shouldn’t stop you from trying out your hand at making it.
You may not have an oven, but everyone does have a pressure cooker at home, which can actually be doubled up as an oven. So what are you waiting just get all the ingredients ready and surprise your family with the best chocolate cake ever.
- All-purpose flour- 250 gm
- Butter- 100 gm
- Sugar- 100 gm
- Condensed milk- 200 gm
- Milk or cream- 1 cup
- Baking soda- 1 tsp.
- Baking powder- ½ tsp.
- Salt- a pinch
- Cocoa powder- 50 gm
- Vanilla essence- 1 tsp.
- Cake pan
- For the chocolate icing:
- Dark chocolate- 150 gm
- Fresh cream- 150 gm
1. To start with the process, the first thing that you need to do is grease the cake pan with some butter from all the sides and then sprinkle some flour on all the sides of the pan so that the cake does not stick to the mold while cooking.
2. In a bowl, add the butter and the sugar and whip the two really well. Now add the condensed milk and to the whipped sugar and butter mix. Lastly, add the milk or the cream and mix it well.
3. In another bowl, add the flour, salt, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder and sift all these ingredients twice so that there are no lumps.
4. Now slowly start adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and start folding the two together. When your dry and wet ingredients are combined uniformly, you can add the vanilla and give it a final mix. Your cake batter is ready now.
5. Pour the cake batter into the greased and floured cake pan.
6. Now your pressure cooker and pour salt at the bottom of it so as to make a salt layer at the bottom of the cooker. Place the cooker on the stove top and turn on the flame. Let it heat up for 5 minutes.
7. Now place the cake pan in the cooker and cover with the lid (make sure to remove the whistle of the cooker).
8. Cook the cake for 30-45 minutes on a medium-high flame.
9. After the time lapse, take a knife and prick it in the middle of the cake to see if it is cooked completely. If the knife comes out clean then your cake is ready otherwise let it cook for a few more minutes.
10. If your cake is cooked, run a sharp knife around the edges of the cake and take it out on a plate and let it cool.
11. While your cake is cooling, you can start with the icing.
12. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or place it in the microwave for a few seconds. Now add the cream to the melted chocolate and mix the two well. Your chocolate icing is ready.
Image Source: pastrypal
13. Now comes the assembling part. After your cake has cooled down, slice it into two parts so that you have two disks of cake. Pour half of the chocolate icing on the cake half and spread it with a spoon.
14. Place the other half on the top if it and pour the rest of the chocolate icing over it. Spread the icing well on all the sides and there you go. Your chocolate cake is ready.
Image Source: googleusercontent
15. Place the cake in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to let the icing set and then you can serve it.