A healthy diet is one of the most important aspects of following a healthy lifestyle. But going for crash diets or following some random workout routine blindly is not going to help you in any way. Though you will get results but those will be short-term. In order to get long lasting results, you have to start adding healthy habits to your lifestyle. Once these habits become your lifestyle, you don’t have to forcefully follow them and can easily sustain them forever.
Below we have mentioned 5 healthy habits that you must follow in order to live a healthier life.
1. Workout for one hour- It doesn’t matter if you are young or old, fat or slim, male or female, you must devote at least one hour every day to exercise or any other physical activity which will keep your heart rate up. A proper workout should consist of both cardio as well as strength training. But if you are a busy person and don’t have much time, then you can also go for a 30-35-minute-long log, walk or run. The physical activities will keep your weight under control, keep you active and also reduces stress.
Image Source: self
2. Maintain two hours of gap between dinner and sleep- Never go to sleep immediately after having your food. If you are in the habit of doing the same then stop it right now. As the night arrives, your metabolism starts to slow down. So after having your dinner, take a gap of at least 2 hours before you retire to sleep. To put it in simple words you need to have a gap of at least 2 hours between your dinner and your sleeping time. Having insufficient time gap may lead to stomach related problems such as weight gain, toxin accumulation and bloating.
Image Source: floliving
3. Have three meals a day- Your daily consumption of food must be broken into three proper meals at regular intervals throughout the day. It should consist of breakfast, lunch and dinner. A well balanced meal has 60-70 % of carbohydrates, 10-15% of fats and 15-20% of proteins. Also do not skip your meals as it may result in stress, poor digestion, fatigue and disturbed immune system.
Image Source: im-perfectmagazine
4. Have four pints of water- One thing which you cannot skip is drinking enough water. Our body is made up of 70% water and thus, water is an essential element for the proper functioning of the body. Water helps in keeping the body hydrated and flush out all the toxins from our body making it function efficiently. Along with that, it helps in maintaining the brain, balances the immune system, helps with the blood functioning and carries the nutrients to all parts of the body. So make sure to drink at least 2 litres of water every day in order to keep your body hydrated.
Image Source: lifescript
5. Have five servings of fresh fruits and vegetables- Have you ever heard of the rainbow diet? Rainbow diet involves adding all the colours of the rainbow on your plate and that can be done by lots of fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet. This is the best way to get the vitamins and minerals needed by your body. There is a certain amount of vitamins and minerals needed by the human body which can be fulfilled by these. Apart from that if you want to maintain a healthy skin and lustrous hair eat fresh fruits and vegetable as much as you can.