Young children are often too fussy when it comes to their food preferences and eating habits. They don’t shy away from throwing tantrums at their moms when they don’t get their favourite food items to gorge on. And to top it all, this problem is not just restricted to one day. Young mothers are continuously in search of healthy and tasty recipes that they can easily prepare at home for their kids.
Today we have come up with one such recipe which is super healthy and tasty. Plus, all you need is 15-20 minutes and some easily available ingredients to prepare it. We bet you, your kids are going to love it.
So let us start with our healthy bread uttapam recipe.
Image Source: https://foodsandflavorsbyshilpi.com/
- White bread slices- 4-6 slices
- Semolina- 5 tbsp.
- All-purpose flour- 5 tbsp.
- Yogurt- ½ cup
- Cumin powder- ¼ tsp.
- Green chili- 2 (optional)
- Salt- as per taste
- Ginger- 1 tsp. (Finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves- a handful (finely chopped)
- Capsicum- 1 (chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Oil to cook
1. Take the bread slices and remove the edges using a sharp knife.
2. Now in a food processor, add the bread slices, semolina, all-purpose flour, salt, yogurt and a little bit of water. Blend all these ingredients together to make a smooth paste. Pour this mixture into a bowl and add the cumin, ginger, chili, tomato, capsicum and coriander to it. Mix all the ingredients well.
Image Source: https://drchitra4healthykitchen.files.wordpress.com/
3. Do ensure that the batter is neither too thick nor too runny. Now that your batter is ready, heat a not stick pan on a medium flame and add some oil to the pan. Once your pan is hot enough, you can start making your uttapam.
4. Use a ladle for pouring the batter onto the pan. Once you have poured the mixture, wait for a minute or two so as to let the uttapam cook from one side. Once it is cooked from one side carefully flip it over and let it cook from the other side as well.
5. When your uttapam is golden brown in colour, it means it is cooked perfectly and is ready to be served.
6. You can serve it with tomato ketchup or mayonnaise.