Pizza is one of the most popular fast food which everyone loves eating. Making pizza at home is really simple. But, for some people, it is difficult to make this cheesy delight at home because they don’t have access to the oven. Well, now you don’t need to worry as today in this article we are going to share a simple tawa pizza recipe with you guys.
So, let’s get started.
Preparation time: 2 hours 45 minutes
Total time: 3 hours 30 minutes
Ingredients needed for tawa pizza recipe:
- Water- 1 cup
- Salt- 1/4th tablespoon
- Maida- 3 cups
- Dry yeast- 2 tablespoons
- Sugar- 1/4th teaspoon
- Olive oil- 2 tablespoons + greasing
- Yellow bell pepper- 1/2 (cut into thin slices)
- Mozzarella cheese- 1 cup
- Green bell pepper- 1/2 (cut into thin slices)
- Pizza sauce- 1 cup
- Oregano- as per requirement
- Onion- 1 (cut into thin pieces)
- Red chilli flakes- as per requirement
For pizza sauce
- Olive oil- 2 tablespoons
- Tomato ketchup- 1/2 cup
- Red chilli powder- 2 teaspoons
- Onion- 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato puree- 2 cups
- Salt- 1 teaspoon
- Garlic- 5 to 6 (chopped)
- Mixed herbs- 2 teaspoons
Now, how to make tawa pizza:
- First, take a pan and brush it with some olive oil and keep it aside.
- Take a large bowl and add maida, salt, sugar, yeast, and olive oil to it.
- Now, gently add some water to the mixture and knead a nice dough.
- Then, take some dough and make it flat using a rolling pin.
- In the meantime heat tawa over the low flame.
- After that place the pizza dough over the tawa.
- Now, cover it with lid and cook it on low flame for a while.
- After few minutes open the lid and flip the pizza base on the other side.
- Then, again close the lid.
- Once the pizza base is cooked nicely, smear pizza sauce over it.
- Add some onions, green bell peppers, yellow bell peppers and grated cheese over it.
- After that sprinkle some oregano and chilli flakes on top of it.
- Now, again close the lid and place a saucepan on top of the tawa pan.
- Then, let it cook for 40 to 45 minutes.
- After that open the lid and turn off the flame.
- Remove the pizza from the tawa and transfer it to a separate plate.
- Cut the pizza into pieces and serve hot.
- Your tawa pizza is ready.