With its roots in the Mughlai cuisine, shahi paneer is well-known for its royal taste with the subtle flavors and aroma of the Indian spices! If you are someone who isn’t a fan of spicy food but won’t compromise with the taste, this royal dish is definitely for you.
Invite your friends over for a dinner and serve them this delicacy. We bet they won’t resist applauding you for the lip-smacking food. If you don’t know how to make this royal savory, this easy & effortless recipe will make it extremely easy to try it out and slay in the very first attempt!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
What Goes Inside Making The Best Shahi Paneer: Ingredients
- Onion paste – 2 medium sized onions
- Tomato puree – 3 tomatoes
- Paneer – 200 g
- Curd (whisked) – 1 cup
- Red Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1/4th tbsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
How To Prepare: Step By Step Guide
- Take a medium-sized pan and heat about 4-5 tbsp oil.
- Add onion paste once the oil is hot and sauté it until it gets a golden-brown color.
- Now add the tomato puree and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the curd and the dry spices once the puree starts to leave oil.
- Mix them all together and add the paneer cubes.
- Put the lid on the pan and let the curry cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish the dish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
NOTE: You can serve this dish with naan or paranthas, whatever you prefer.
1. You can add a spoonful of ghee or butter to increase the taste quotient.
2. You can make this recipe without tomato if you don’t want it too much tangy.