Do you often notice that when you wake up in the morning your tummy is tucked in and there are no flabs on your body whatsoever, but as the day passes by your abdomen area gets bigger and flabs start to appear? If yes, then your body is prone to bloating as well as water retention. This water retention often makes you look fat and bloated. Though water retention is a common problem and almost every one carries a little bit of water weight at all times, there are people who suffer from this condition on an extreme level. If you are one of those people, then here are some tips to shed that extra water weight effectively.
1. Exercise- The best and the most effective way to get rid of water weight is by exercising on a regular basis. When you exercise a lot of water combined with toxins is released from our body in the form of sweat. High-intensity exercises which make you sweat are a preferable ones as these get your heart rate very high and make you sweat a lot. Indulge in 30 minutes of a high-intensity workout to keep water weight at bay.
2. Take electrolytes- Consumption of electrolytes should not only be restricted to when you are sick. electrolytes are just as important for you on a daily basis to keep the water level in the body at an optimum stage. The number of electrolytes required varies from person to person. The more water you drink the more number of electrolytes is required to manage the water level in your body.
Also Read: 15 Steps to Look Slimmer in Just ONE Day!
3. Reduce the salt intake- The more amount of salt you put in your body the more water it is going to store and this is what makes you feel bloated. An average adult’s daily diet should not include more than 2000-2500 mg of sodium. This will ensure that your body is functioning properly and there is no water retention in the body. To limit the salt intake, make sure to avoid packaged food items as much as possible.
4. Consume more fibre- Fibre helps in keeping your gut area clean. Consuming a fibre rich diet helps in cleaning your kidneys, urinary tract and colon. This helps in flushing out the excess fluids. Start your day by eating a fibre rich breakfast such as a bowl of cereal, apple, sweet potato pancakes, spinach and berry smoothie, etc. Adding flaxseeds to your breakfast is also a great idea as these are also high in fibre content as well as omega 3 fatty acids.
5. Drink water- People who face bloating and water retention often think that cutting down on their daily water content will solve their problem. But it is not the same, in fact drinking less water will make your body store up more water thus making you feel bloated. If you want to get rid of the excess water from your body, then try to drink as much water as possible. This way your body won’t get deprived of water and will not store water.
Also Read: Eat Bananas To Lose Weight Fast