The best part about summers is that you get to eat a variety of fruits which are not available during the winters. One such beloved summer fruit is watermelon. Watermelon is enriched with a lot of miraculous benefits. Watermelon is almost 95% water and thus should be consumed in abundance during the hot months. It has a lot of antioxidants and has even more lycopene than tomatoes, which helps in reversing the effect of ageing.
Apart from all these benefits, it helps in getting rid of tanning as well. Don’t believe us? Read it for yourself.
1. Saves us from the UV rays- Eating watermelon on a daily basis ensures that your body is protected from the harmful UV rays of the sun. Along with that, it also protects our body against the free radicals. It also guards our body against heat stroke. With regular consumption or watermelon, you can reduce the risk of health conditions such as swelling, heart attack and asthma.
2. Helps get rid of tanning- Just a minute in the scorching sun is enough to make your skin burn and make it look tanned. Apart from keeping your body cool the watermelon may also be used to get rid of tan. All you need to do is apply crushed watermelon on the tanned area and leave it on for a few minutes. You can also mix the watermelon with cucumber juice or pulp for improved benefits.
3. Relives tiredness- The hot and humid weather sucks out all the energy from our body, making you feel lethargic and tired. In order to relive the tiredness, you can prepare a refreshing watermelon mask for your face. Crush some chilled watermelon and apply it on your face and neck. Wash off your face after a few minutes. You will instantly feel fresh and rejuvenated.
4. It is fat free– If you are trying to shed some extra weight, then you must include
watermelon in your daily diet. The citrulline present in the watermelon helps in melting the excess fat from your body. Along with that it also contains high amount of water content which helps in keeping your body hydrated.
5. Instant energy booster- On super-hot days when you feel that your energy is going down snack on some chilled watermelon to get your energy back. Along with the much needed energy it will also add up to the water content of the body.