You’ve definitely had matar paneer ki sabzi several times in your life. But have you ever heard of the matar paneer sandwich? This one is a really interesting recipe which is sure to be loved by your family, especially kids. The ingredients are super simple, yet you can modify them according to your taste and preference. So without any further due, let’s get started with the recipe.
Also Read: Paneer Veg Sandwich Recipe
Bread slices- 10-12 (white or brown)
Paneer- 200 gm (diced)
Onion- 1, medium sized (chopped)
Peas- ½ cup (boiled or steamed)
Green chilli- 1-2 (Chopped)
Ginger- 1 tsp (finely chopped)
Cumin powder- 1 tsp.
Coriander powder- 1 tsp.
Black pepper powder- ½ tsp.
Fresh coriander- 3 tbsp. (chopped)
Chat masala- 1 tsp.
Butter- 2 tbsp.
Salt- as per taste
- Heat butter in a pan and add chopped onion and ginger to it. Cook the onion and ginger until the onion is golden brown in colour.
- Add the green chilli and sauté for a few seconds.
- Now add the boiled green peas and mix well.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder and the black pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the paneer, salt and the chat masala. Mix really well.
- Cook for 2 minutes on a low flame.
- Add the chopped coriander and turn off the flame.
- Let the mixture cool down completely before you start assembling the sandwiches.
- Once the mixture has cooled down, put some mixture on one side of a bread and cover it with another one. Do the same with all the filling and bread slices.
- Toast the sandwiches in an electric toaster or grill. You can also cook the sandwiches in a handheld stove top sandwich toaster depending on your choice and availability of the appliance.
- Cook until the sandwiches are golden and crisp.
- Slice the matar paneer sandwiches and serve them hot with your favourite chutney, sauce or dip.
Image Source: ushaupchar
Also Read: How to Make: Chutney Egg Sandwich