Masala popcorn recipe is a very simple recipe that you can easily prepare at home. This recipe adds a unique twist of spices to the usual unflavored popcorns. And all the ingredients used in the recipe are easily available. You can also prepare this recipe for the various occasions like game nights and kitty parties. So, try out this recipe at home and enjoy with your family and friends.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Ingredients needed for masala popcorn recipe:
- Unpopped popcorns- 4 cups
- Oil- 2 tablespoons
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – 2 teaspoons
- Fennel seeds- 2 teaspoons
- Red chili powder- 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric- 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida- 1 pinch
- Sugar- 1/4th teaspoon
- Salt- as per requirement
Now, how to make masala popcorn:
- Take a bowl and add the unpopped popcorns to it.
- Now, microwave the popcorns for 2-3 minutes.
- Once all the popcorns are popped, transfer them to a separate bowl.
- Then, take a pan and heat some oil over a medium flame.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add fennel seeds and coriander seeds to the pan.
- After that, saute them for a while and let the seeds splutter.
- Now, add the microwaved popcorns to the pan.
- Then, add sugar, asafoetida, turmeric, red chili powder, and salt to the pan.
- Saute all the ingredients properly and make sure that popcorns are evenly coated.
- After that, turn off the flame and serve hot.
- And your masala popcorn is ready.