Paneer kofta recipe is a very simple North Indian recipe which is prepared with paneer, curd, a lot of spices and cream. This delicious recipe is the best option that you can try at home for various parties and occasions. And if you are bored of the usual paneer recipes then you should definitely try this recipe at home. So, try out this recipe and enjoy with your family and friends.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Ingredients needed for paneer kofta recipe:
• Paneer- 500 grams (grated)
• Yogurt- 150 grams
• Almonds (crushed)- 1/4th cup
• Tomato puree- 1/2 cup
• Turmeric- 1/2 teaspoon
• Garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
• Red chilli- 4
• Black cardamom- 2
• Salt- 1 teaspoon
• Ginger paste- 1 teaspoon
• Coriander powder- 2 teaspoons
• Corn flour- 1 tablespoon
• Refined oil- 200 ml
• Onion- 2 (medium, chopped)
• Red chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
• Water- 2 1/2 cup
• Beaten curd- 1/2 cup
• Fresh cream- 2 tablespoons
• Coriander leaves (chopped)- 2 tablespoons
Now, how to make paneer kofta:
• First, take a kadai and heat some oil in it.
• While the oil is heating, take a separate bowl.
• Add grated paneer to it.
• Now, add corn flour, salt, and red chilli to it.
• Mix all the ingredients properly.
• Then, add some almonds to the mixture.
• After that make small balls of the paneer mixture.
• Once the oil is hot enough add paneer balls to it.
• Cook them till they turn golden brown in colour.
• After frying the paneer balls remove excess oil from the kadhai and leave just 1 1/2 tablespoons oil.
• Now, add dry red chillies and black cardamoms to it.
• Saute it for few seconds and then add salt, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder and red chilli powder to it.
• Now, add a cup of water and simmer for few minutes.
• Then, add beaten curd to the kadhai with tomato puree.
• Mix all the ingredients nicely and cook.
• Again add 1-2 cups of water to the masala and cook it for few minutes to form a thick gravy.
• Once the gravy is prepared add the fried koftas to it.
• Then, cook it for a minute.
• Garnish it with coriander leaves and fresh cream.
• Your paneer kofta is ready to be served.